A Christmas Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Christmas Story Reviews

½ December 9, 2016
Methinks there is no movie that has better captured the daily life of a nuclear family from a bygone era.
December 8, 2016
FRA-GEE-LAY! It must be Italian! It's a major award!! This is by FAR the best of the best of the classic Christmas movies!!
December 7, 2016
Favourite Christmas movie!
December 4, 2016
THIS MOVIE NEVER GETS OLD I LOVE IT
December 3, 2016
One of my FAVORITE Christmas movies. Hilarious, memorable, good story, morals, and other awesome things! If you haven't seen it, you need to like NOW!!!!!!
December 3, 2016
I loved this movie. So hilarious.
November 22, 2016
Holiday movie or not, this has to be, by far, my all-time favorite movie. I can still relate to Ralphie Parker in the way that there's that special gift that you really want for Christmas and feeling that utter disappointment when it's not initially under the tree. This classic plays in my house from November 1st, until Christmas Eve when it's on for 24 hours on TBS and will continue to hold a dear place in my heart, and I've been fortunate enough to pass my love of this movie onto my cousins kids and hopefully my future kids.
October 27, 2016
½ October 22, 2016
Best Christmas movie ever!
September 26, 2016
a christmas was a good movie not the best but a great warm funny movie had a lot of blupers but still ended up making sense good movies for christmas for your grandchildren ect
June 21, 2016
There's a reason that TBS plays this one for 24 hours straight every Christmas. This is about as classic a Christmas movie as you can get, right up there with It's a Wonderful Life and Rudolph. Story of Ralphie who wants, more than anything, for Christmas a Red Ryder BB gun. Full of classic gags and great lines.
May 9, 2016
oldie but goodie Lol
½ May 6, 2016
I watch this every Christmas. Essential viewing!
½ March 26, 2016
If we're not all sick of it by now (they marathon the heck out of this thing!), than A Christmas Story is still one of the best holiday movies of the last 50 years.
March 12, 2016
A true Christmas Classic
½ March 6, 2016
How had I not seen this?? A fantastic film that I'll be watching every Christmas from here on out.
½ March 6, 2016
The most accurate Christmas movie, it trims off all the fat of commercialism and religion, what is considered to be a traditional Christmas. Leading it to be a whole film.
February 28, 2016
This... is the greatest Christmas movie... ever... no question.
½ February 17, 2016
One of the most beloved Christmas films ever made, A Christmas Story is a fun, nostalgic look at the innocence of childhood. The story follows a 9-year-old kid named Ralphie who wants a Red Rider BB Gun for Christmas, and attempts to do everything that he can think of to get it; from bribing his teacher to seeing Santa Claus (at the department store). The film is especially well-written, particularly in how it presents the childhood point-of-view. Additionally, the sets and costumes are quite authentic, making the audience feel as if they've been transported to the 1940s. There's also a sincerity and earnestness to the performances and the humor that gives the film a certain charm. A Christmas Story is a heartwarming film that captures the wonder and magic of Christmas.
½ January 11, 2016
Lacking a coherent plot and populated by flat, mean, unlikable characters, A Christmas Story is an unfunny, irritating, painful mess of a film.