A Christmas Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Christmas Story Reviews

December 9, 2015
Classic Christmas film that perfectly captures the reality of the holidays while still retaining its magic. Bob Clark's direction displays every one of the imperfections, from bad Christmas gifts to disappointing trips to Santa, while the cast is pitch perfect (Peter Billingsley's Ralphie is every boy who went through the holidays while the late, great Darren McGavin is one of great movie fathers). The humor is especially sharp, particularly for adults (the leg lamp is a classic example), though retains a lot of the heart you expect in a holiday film. A true Christmas classic.
December 2, 2015
Darkly Comic and Highly Relatable, A Christmas Story is the authentic classic holiday movie that still to this date remains enjoyable fun that oozes nostalgia.
December 1, 2015
TBS runs this shit 24 hours on Christmas and that's badass if you ask me...
½ November 29, 2015
Everyone pegged this film as a classic, and it has the elements that would seem to make it so. But I just couldn't get into it. Didn't amuse me. Maybe I had to have seen first as a child.
November 28, 2015
A Christmas Story is so funny and memorable, and is an amazing Christmas movie that has lines to repeat over and over!
½ November 1, 2015
Maybe you had to have grown up with this, but I can never even finish it as an Adult.
October 24, 2015
If you haven't seen this movie you are missing out on one of the best made and directed movies ever made, a warm hearted classic family movie that will have you loving the christmas season. This movie along with " It's a wonderful life" is a must see for the holiday season
I will play these two movies 24 hours a day on christmas eve and christmas day. Another 100 or more star rating. If you don;t fall in love with these two movies then you must be the Grinch with a heart two sizes to small.
October 10, 2015
121224: I laughed a lot more this time. Raised half a star.
October 7, 2015
Awesome holiday movie. My christmas would be so incomplete without this movie. I reccomend this movie to anyone.
September 24, 2015
It's not really all that good for a Christmas special.
September 15, 2015
The Christmas classic to end all Christmas classics.
August 11, 2015
A must watch around the holidays.
August 9, 2015
Much more vulgar and crude than Home Alone.
½ July 11, 2015
one of my favorite Christmas movies.
½ June 30, 2015
Never gets old, a classic Christmas movie for many generations to come!
½ May 17, 2015
Oh fudge, this is the BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE EVER! (Along with Frosty the Snowman of course.) Home Alone dosen't have s*** on this!
½ May 13, 2015
84% on my Tomatometer.
½ April 29, 2015
Christmas repeat classic.
½ April 27, 2015
Personally, I've seen this so many times that if I don't see it again for the rest of my life, I won't be heartbroken. Ted Turner cashes in every Christmas with the traditional 24 hour airing of the movie on TBS...been like that since the 90's! And if I DO watch this movie, I only need to see the final 20 minutes of it, as that is my favorite part of the movie. Good acting, though!
½ April 6, 2015
While I do think the movie is a bit overrated, I still feel that it is a very well written, very clever, very funny and somewhat nostalgic kind of movie.