A Christmas Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Christmas Story Reviews

December 27, 2015
Hate this movie. No parent should force their child into certain situations (pink bunny pjs?) While it's sort of from the kids' pov, showing how he sees the sheer meanness that surrounds him, it lacks IMO, any compassion for that kid. The family are fairly horrible. Santa is horrible.
December 26, 2015
I remember seeing this when it was first released back in the early '80's and just watched again. It's like fine wine and only seems to improve with age. Very funny and sweet with great performances from Darren McGavin and Melinda Dillon as the put upon parents with only the best intentions. It's hard to believe it comes from the same mind that brought us "Porky's" and "Black Christmas". It's a true holiday classic.
December 25, 2015
I watch this film every Christmas, as a sort of religious secular way of celebrating Christmas. If you haven't seen it yet today, hurry; it's not too late, Christmas day is still not over.

By the way, Jean Shepard wrote the movie and was the narrator. He was a sort of disc jokey, humorist, story teller on the radio, I listened to him throughout high school, college, and grad school.
God I love this movie
December 25, 2015
A very simple Christmas story, about a boy, his brother, their parents and Christmas. Not much really happens - there's the tounge-stuck-to-icy-pole scene, the bully fight & the rabbit suit, but otherwise, nothing of real consequence happens. The film espouses family and love at Christmas, which is nice - all very inoffensive.
December 25, 2015
"You'll shoot your eye out."
½ December 25, 2015
Most annoying Christmas movie ever made!!! Cannot even get past the first 10 minutes of the movie because Ralphie's younger brother is SO ANNOYING!!! Just a terrible and stupid holiday movie and would take The Grinch re-make (w/ Jim Carey) over this movie ANY DAY!!!
December 25, 2015
you'll shoot your eye out kid
Always a holiday fav
December 24, 2015
Sweet and ridiculous, "A Christmas Story" is as good as it gets when it comes to storytelling, and it's somehow worth all 24 hours every Christmas Eve. One of my favorite movies,period
½ December 24, 2015
Classic and hilarious Christmas movie! I love watching it with my family every Christmas Eve!
December 23, 2015
I'm not sure what it is. Maybe the leg. Maybe the kid. I hate this film.
½ December 23, 2015
A Christmas movie this sweetly nostalgic and dryly funny merits its reputation as an annual holiday feature.
December 23, 2015
One of the best and nostalgic Christmas movies ever! You'll shoot your eye out
December 20, 2015
Well we were told through the years that we had to see this movie, and finally we did and were very disappointed. some cute moments for sure, but generally lackluster and slow...
December 19, 2015
December 20th 2009
December 11th 2011
December 19th 2014
December 18th 2015
½ December 17, 2015
You'll shoot your eye out! Decf tha alls with bowy howe, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra, ra, ra! All these hilarious moments is what makes this film a masterpiece for the holiday season! I didn't like it at first, but as time went on, I grew to appreciate it more and more! So now, I count this as a Christmas favorite, one of them!
December 16, 2015
My all time favorite Christmas film. December 25th isn't complete if you haven't seen this at least five times over a twenty-four hour span.
December 15, 2015