A Christmas Story Reviews

• Dec 31, 2019

A Christmas story is an okay Christmas film, but nothing spectacular occurs to make this story stick with me like other holiday movies.

• Dec 30, 2019

"A Christmas Story" is a perfect snapshot of middle-class families during the holidays in 1940s America that offers warm nostalgia, relatable humor, and the sweet innocence of a child wanting that one special present.

• Dec 30, 2019

This film transports you to Christmas past and, as a period piece, checks all the boxes for that nostalgic, annual must watch at Christmas.

• Dec 27, 2019

In the Top 10 of must see Christmas movies.

In the Top 10 of must see Christmas movies.

• Dec 26, 2019

This is truly a Christmas classic, it has so many exciting and unique sequences that make this film so entertaining to watch. I love the narrator telling us what Ralphie is thinking about, and it feels original, It really helps us to understand him as a character and makes us feel for him. This film also has daydreaming sequences that are just plain fun, shooting robbers with a BB gun sounds like a great time to a kid, and it translates well to the screen. Ralphies dad was actually pretty funny and we got to explore their relationship a little bit. This movie is an hour and a half and it's super breezy, it is a good time for the whole family during Christmas and with its unique storytelling, it's good for a rewatch every year.

• Dec 22, 2019

Review: ‘A Christmas Story' is a Christmas comedy film directed by Bob Clark. It is based on Jean Shepherd's semi-fictional anecdotes in his 1966 book ‘In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash'. Possibly the most talked about Christmas movie in history. I just recently watched this movie with my family, and I've got to say, I loved every minute of it. The comic mishaps and adventures of a young boy named Ralph, trying to convince his parents, teachers, and Santa that a Red Ryder B.B. gun really is the perfect Christmas gift for the 1940s. Everybody in the movie is on their A game and you can tell they were in it to win it. Melinda Dillon, Darren McGavin are great as Ralph parents. They played what parents would have been like in the 40's perfectly and Peter Billingsley is great as Ralph, a 8-year-old boy who is slowly starting to realize the meaning of life. I liked the story of a child talking about what he wants for Christmas and is on a personal mission for get it. In the film's sweetest scene, we see Dad coming through for his son at the last possible moment. To see the look on young Ralphie's face as he unwraps his best and last gift is one of filmdom's true golden moments. Overall, the movie lived up to expectations and then some. I can see why it's such a Christmas classic and am excited to view it again. 5/5

• Dec 22, 2019

This movie is so weird and hard to watch

This movie is so weird and hard to watch

• Dec 21, 2019

‪You’ll nostalgia your eye out.‬

‪You’ll nostalgia your eye out.‬

• Dec 20, 2019

I don't really watch or review christmas movies but this is one of few christmas movies I can stand to watch. Classic christmas movie with some quotes to quote I just have seen this movie too many times. One channel even plays this movie all christmas eve or christmas day.

• Dec 19, 2019

Very funny and a fun Christmas movie to watch be careful you'l shoot your eye out.