Cinderella - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cinderella Reviews

½ May 1, 2017
The movie is a pretty good movie but I like live-action one better
April 16, 2017
Stunning and musically well done
March 17, 2017
In my personal opinion I never truly loved this movie. Sure the villain is devious, but other than that it really wasn't anything incredible. It was just a really nice movie.
February 14, 2017
Cinderella (1950) Is considered one of Disney's best movies during the Golden Era. Does it show? Is it as great now as it was back in the 50's? Am I just a clueless 2000's kid that really doesn't know a lot about old Disney movies? The answer to all those questions is yes...For the most part. The one thing that is definitely great in the movie is the Hand drawn animation. The colors they use in this movie are so eye popping and beautiful. It almost felt like I was watching a artist's painting coming to life. I also love the sequence when Cinderella is cleaning the floor and suddenly a bunch of bubbles appear and you can see her reflection in a bunch of them. I have no idea how they managed to pull that off but that sequence is just amazing to me. The characters also are very well done and sometimes funny. Cinderella herself is a nice respectable woman despite having limits, The animals especially the mice are adorable, the fairy godmother is whimsical and funny and the evil mother is cruel but manages to keep control. They play a certain role in the story and each pull it off greatly. The little mice and the cat Lucifer, might be a little overplayed sometimes but they still leave enough time to set focus on Cinderella working toward her goals. The songs are very memorable. Each have a very gentle tone and it makes the music feel whimsical and soft. The story plays out very well. The first act of the film is kinda unfocused but it bounces right on track afterwards and it becomes the movie that I knew I was going to get. The movie is kinda cheesy but it's a good kinda cheesy and there's a lot of great stuff in the movie that is hard to ignore. I can really see why people love this movie so much. (A)
½ December 27, 2016
The animation is beautiful and the main character is likable and very attractive, but the songs and the side characters aren't very impressive and the prince's character is especially shamelessly primitive. Disney's most overrated film bar none.
November 23, 2016
My favorite Disney Princess! If I could be any Disney Princess it would be Cinderella! I used to and still have a Cinderella doll that spins around!
½ October 24, 2016
A beloved fairy tale that saved Disney from bankruptcy, "Cinderella" is still one of the company's best animated features.
October 8, 2016
Solid Disny movie, but not amazing. Cinderella is a much better character than most people give her credit for, and the Prince not being very developed doesn't bother me too much. Where this movie really gets annoying is the mice. They steal entirely too much screen time and are just annoying.
August 23, 2016
Cinderella is a both great timeless!
August 12, 2016
The classic Disney film, Cinderella sets the standard for years to come with its imaginative animation style, fun characters, and enchanting songs. Animators find a good balance between the silly gags of the mice characters and the enchanting scenes with Cinderella and her path from rags to riches. Some notably colorful characters like the king and Lady Tremaine help support the story with originality, though some characters like the Prince and the fairy godmother probably deserved some more screen time. Either way, the movie kept us captivated with its wonderful visuals, refined humor and compelling storyline.
July 22, 2016
Top notch animation, a down on her luck heroine, and catchy tunes make this one of Disney's finest efforts.
June 19, 2016
A Walt Disney classic! Beautifully animated. An archive of animation history!
½ June 13, 2016
A classic, Nolan wants more stars
June 10, 2016
This is one of Disney's second film with Disney princesses, Cinderella, every women's dream come true. The characters I like is the mice, there're funny and that mouse that has my name. Jack. The human characters are funny too. The songs are beautiful, the only songs I like is all of them. There're have A dream is a wish, The work song sung by mice and everyone's favourite song Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. The music is just gorgeous, there're many Disney films that have many lovely music and animation. Oh wait, I almost forgot. The prince and Cinderella are dancing while singing ''So this is love'' and Oh boy it's beautiful even though it is kind of short. And that's all I gotta say about it. What beautiful film.
½ May 30, 2016
Had to re-watch this and it still is a masterpiece.
½ May 27, 2016
Cinderella has an uninteresting plot, and a terrible climax, but its amazing animation, great characters, and nice soundtrack puts it on par with the decent Disney classic films.
½ May 19, 2016
Positives: I think Cinderella may be considered a classic. It has beautiful and catchy songs, such as "A dream is a wish your heart makes" and "Bippity Boppity Boo". Cinderella is a great character. She's beautiful and optimistic. She cares for animals and sort of the stepsisters.

Negatives: The story was too short for a movie about 2 hours long. There are some filler in this classic animation. One example is a scene with Lucifer, Jaq and Gus. Even thought it maybe entertaining, it has nothing to do with the plot. It's just a cat chasing mice.
May 11, 2016
Good movie and nice scenery in the movie. And there where funny parts in this movie. And the dancing was very good and the singing was Beautiful and graceful. So it is great I would say. I like Prince Charming and cinderella, and Prince Charming"s dad he was funny as well as the Grand Duke. Such a good movie to see for kids people will like this great movie!!
½ March 21, 2016
No es lo mismo un mar de gracia que una gota de humor, sin embargo ambas se hicieron presentes en esta película.
½ March 17, 2016
The classic princess movie that people still watch