Cyclone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cyclone Reviews

February 8, 2015
From the director of "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers" and "Bikini Jones and the Temple of Eros" comes the 1980s Heather Thomas classic, "Cyclone." The film is essentially "Airwolf" or "Knightrider" but with a motorcycle instead of a helicopter or car and with Heather Thomas instead of Jan Michael Vincent or David Hasselhoff. Thomas is a motorcycle racer who's boyfriend, Jeffery Combs, makes "Cyclone" but bad guys want it and kill Combs. Thomas then takes Cyclone and fights off the bad guys, led by Martin Landau and henchmen Dar Robinson (the legendary stuntman in his final role as an actor). For such a cheesy film, it actually has a decent supporting cast that includes Russ Tamblyn, Huntz Hall, Troy Donahue and Tim Conway Jr. Besides the film's 80s novelty aspects, which are quite entertaining on their own, I will say the film does sport some pretty impressive stunt work that really did make me long for the days of pre-CGI special effects. Seeing real exposition and real stuntmen flying through the air or watching real cars fly through the air over a freeway embankment is just really cool. SPOILER! You also get to see Dar Robinson do a near full-body flame. I image that would pretty much be a CGI think in movies now. Overall, the story is ridiculously dumb, but the many 80s elements (poster model Thomas, huge bangs, jazzersize outfits, 80s music, etc) and some quality stunt work (particularly the car stunts) made this surprisingly enjoyable.
½ November 21, 2014
I could have given this movie more stars, but you see, it's a movie about a high-tech super bike, and the bike looks terrible. This isn't Street Hawk. Someone dressed up a scooter with tacky silver paint. Twas a bad movie. Twas a bad bike...:(
September 8, 2014
(57%)
A very 80's mid-budget sci-fi actioner featuring the very lovely Heather Thomas in a role that sees her take on criminal Martin Landau using her boyfriend's (Jeffrey Combs) super high-tec motorbike. And that's it for story. But this is still an enjoyable watch as the pacing is brisk and there aren't many fun action movies like this with a female lead. There are some quite cool and well handled moments, and the action is never below normal decent standards. Anyone in the mood for some long forgotten, yet still very watchable entertainment from the 1980's should give this a go.
April 2, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013

(1987) Cyclone
ACTION

To me it's one of the worst low budget straight to rental films I've ever seen centering on boyfriend played by Jeffrey Combs building a top secret motorcycle with corrupt infiltrations by wealthy businessman, unbeknownst girlfriend played by Heather Locklear gets involved who uses bike to kill goons including the ones who were responsible for boyfriend's death. All I can say is that before watching this, I seen a 1980's documentary centering on one of Hollywood's greatest stuntman ever lived by the name of Dar Robinson, and in this film he's given a bigger role as the henchman hired to do the bad guy's dirty work and retrieve the secret thing whatever it is. "Cyclone" apparently was the last film he's ever did besides performing dangerous stunts for the hit "Lethal Weapon", and may have actually been killed doing a motorcycle stunt for this film- I'm not too sure, but anyways Dars acting as well as the others are amongst the worst I've ever seen but theirs some crazy ass stunts that're performed on screen toward the end and should be acknowledged for that alone.

2.5 out of 4 stars
November 20, 2012
Good moive for it's time, to bad most of the people that have worked on hho systems have been killed or have disapered to not be heard from againg.
½ October 27, 2012
Neither scenes of Heather Thomas working out or the presence of Dar Robinson can overshadow some of the bad acting in this one. Plot is more relevant now than back in 1987 in which the thugs chasing Thomas are after a Turbocharger that is an endless power source, environmentally friendly, and could end reliance on fossil fuels. Probably not a case of foresight by these writers.
½ July 10, 2012
Agents and double-agents vie for possession of a futuristic motorcycle with power equivalent to an F-16. An uncommonly straight role for the Re-Animator Coombs while Heather Thomas makes any film worth checking out. Even with a strong b-movie cast, Director Fred Olen Ray seems unable to break a film through to the next level.
March 12, 2012
I have to admit I enjoyed this movie, but these are the cheesy type 80s movies that I enjoy.
November 5, 2011
cheesey- Yes but hey about a cool motorcycle with lasers lol
½ April 26, 2011
What can I say it's a Olen Ray flix. Low budget madness. Big fan of Combs though.
January 27, 2011
Pretty generic 80s movie, the action is tame, weapons look cheap and not a great story. But entertaining for fans.
½ July 30, 2010
Z-standard 80's action from schlock director Fred Olen Ray. Heather Thomas in skin tight jeans the only thing worth watching. The bike itself is terrible but the chase finale is beautifully bad.
June 13, 2010
Low budget schlock merchant Fred Olen Ray strikes again with this bleach blond bimbo based biker movie. Inventor Jeffrey Combs makes a device that can power a bike foreverÔ?Žor something. Bad people want it. A cast of Fred Olen Ray regulars run around reminding us why they're regulars in Fred Olen Ray films. Then it ends. If you've seen other films by the director, you pretty much know what to expect. It's not unwatchable. But it's not good.
½ May 15, 2009
Cyclone is a fairly tame but still laughably bad 80's film from cheese-grade filmmaker Fred Olen Ray (Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, Evil Toons) about a loving couple comprised of government inventor, geek boyfriend (Jeffrey Combs, in an early and silly role) and his hot supermodel martial arts expert biker babe girlfriend (Heather Thomas). After a hard day of working out at the gym (where there's a very brief shower scene in the background full of 80's boobs and landing strip bush), beating up sexist jerks and buying motorcycle supplies, biker girlfriend comes home and takes Combs out to a heavy metal bar where he is killed by a couple of lunatics who are actually working for seedy government officials trying to obtain his newest invention, the Cyclone, a top of the line motorcycle built with tons of laser weapons and running on pure, clean power. The top villain is played by the lovable Martin Landay who, like Combs character is heavily underused. What's worse, we are subjected to a barrage of corny and unfunny bumbling duos, both on the good guy and bad guy side. In order for this movie to have been better, they needed to keep Combs in it longer (he's top-billed for crying out loud!), and have Landau play a more effective villain role (his dealings with another villainous group were pitiful!). Corny film overall, but I wouldn't expect any more (or less) from Fred Olen Ray.
½ February 26, 2008
½ November 2, 2007
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad movie.
Not even funny bad, just bad bad. :(

Sick 80's soundtrack though :)
½ April 9, 2007
Do NOT watch this movie unless you are Kristen H.