Cyclone Reviews

• Feb 08, 2015

From the director of "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers" and "Bikini Jones and the Temple of Eros" comes the 1980s Heather Thomas classic, "Cyclone." The film is essentially "Airwolf" or "Knightrider" but with a motorcycle instead of a helicopter or car and with Heather Thomas instead of Jan Michael Vincent or David Hasselhoff. Thomas is a motorcycle racer who's boyfriend, Jeffery Combs, makes "Cyclone" but bad guys want it and kill Combs. Thomas then takes Cyclone and fights off the bad guys, led by Martin Landau and henchmen Dar Robinson (the legendary stuntman in his final role as an actor). For such a cheesy film, it actually has a decent supporting cast that includes Russ Tamblyn, Huntz Hall, Troy Donahue and Tim Conway Jr. Besides the film's 80s novelty aspects, which are quite entertaining on their own, I will say the film does sport some pretty impressive stunt work that really did make me long for the days of pre-CGI special effects. Seeing real exposition and real stuntmen flying through the air or watching real cars fly through the air over a freeway embankment is just really cool. SPOILER! You also get to see Dar Robinson do a near full-body flame. I image that would pretty much be a CGI think in movies now. Overall, the story is ridiculously dumb, but the many 80s elements (poster model Thomas, huge bangs, jazzersize outfits, 80s music, etc) and some quality stunt work (particularly the car stunts) made this surprisingly enjoyable.

• Nov 21, 2014

I could have given this movie more stars, but you see, it's a movie about a high-tech super bike, and the bike looks terrible. This isn't Street Hawk. Someone dressed up a scooter with tacky silver paint. Twas a bad movie. Twas a bad bike...:(

• Sep 08, 2014

(57%) A very 80's mid-budget sci-fi actioner featuring the very lovely Heather Thomas in a role that sees her take on criminal Martin Landau using her boyfriend's (Jeffrey Combs) super high-tec motorbike. And that's it for story. But this is still an enjoyable watch as the pacing is brisk and there aren't many fun action movies like this with a female lead. There are some quite cool and well handled moments, and the action is never below normal decent standards. Anyone in the mood for some long forgotten, yet still very watchable entertainment from the 1980's should give this a go.

• Apr 02, 2013

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 (1987) Cyclone ACTION To me it's one of the worst low budget straight to rental films I've ever seen centering on boyfriend played by Jeffrey Combs building a top secret motorcycle with corrupt infiltrations by wealthy businessman, unbeknownst girlfriend played by Heather Locklear gets involved who uses bike to kill goons including the ones who were responsible for boyfriend's death. All I can say is that before watching this, I seen a 1980's documentary centering on one of Hollywood's greatest stuntman ever lived by the name of Dar Robinson, and in this film he's given a bigger role as the henchman hired to do the bad guy's dirty work and retrieve the secret thing whatever it is. "Cyclone" apparently was the last film he's ever did besides performing dangerous stunts for the hit "Lethal Weapon", and may have actually been killed doing a motorcycle stunt for this film- I'm not too sure, but anyways Dars acting as well as the others are amongst the worst I've ever seen but theirs some crazy ass stunts that're performed on screen toward the end and should be acknowledged for that alone. 2.5 out of 4 stars

• Oct 27, 2012

Neither scenes of Heather Thomas working out or the presence of Dar Robinson can overshadow some of the bad acting in this one. Plot is more relevant now than back in 1987 in which the thugs chasing Thomas are after a Turbocharger that is an endless power source, environmentally friendly, and could end reliance on fossil fuels. Probably not a case of foresight by these writers.

• Feb 09, 2012

I have to admit I enjoyed this movie, but these are the cheesy type 80s movies that I enjoy.

• Nov 05, 2011

cheesey- Yes but hey about a cool motorcycle with lasers lol

cheesey- Yes but hey about a cool motorcycle with lasers lol

• Jan 22, 2011

Pretty generic 80s movie, the action is tame, weapons look cheap and not a great story. But entertaining for fans.

• Jul 28, 2010

Z-standard 80's action from schlock director Fred Olen Ray. Heather Thomas in skin tight jeans the only thing worth watching. The bike itself is terrible but the chase finale is beautifully bad.

• Jun 18, 2010

What can I say it's a Olen Ray flix. Low budget madness. Big fan of Combs though.