Dèmoni (Demons) Reviews

• May 20, 2020

Terrific take on the zombie genre (even though they're not zombies!). Crazy gore and effects!

• Mar 21, 2020

I found the IMDB rating to be a little bit too high for this movie, I really have mixed opinions about it. On the good side, it definitely has got its suspenseful moments. The music is pretty appropriate for the genre, and the film is loaded full of disgusting and outrageous buckets of guts and gore. The demon makeup is also pretty creepy. But unfortunately, the film is dragged down because it honestly has some of the worst acting I've ever seen in my life. The actors are so horrendous, they are so painful for the yes. The dialogue isn't much better, are the characters are paper thin. And that just ruins a bit of the film. Demons is a little horror, splatter fest, not as good as the other Italian horror films I've seen like Zombie (1979), but still alright. Overall, this is recommended as a popcorn movie for fans of the horror genre!

• Jan 26, 2020

Each of us contains a demon struggling to get free, so all must remain permanently vigilant and upright. If we weaken our wills by indulging in vulgar entertainments like sex, drugs, heavy metal, or horror movies the demoni will gain the upper hand, take control of our bodies and minds and turn us against each other. Only total societal breakdown will result. And you wouldn't want that to happen... would you? Would you? Lamberto Bava's gore-splattered 1985 magnum opus embodies the psychic rage of ordinary media consumers in demonic alter egos. These video nasties don't need to break through our defenses from the outside, because they're already trapped onstage with us. Set in a gothic movie house and scored with bangers from Saxon, Mötley Crüe, and Accept, ‘Demons' favors big, bloody moves over character development, but maintains a cool, creepy vibe that builds tension between set pieces. On the downside, the most interesting characters (and frankly, some of the better actors) drop early, and fans of plots that make sense will probably find more Italian horror dream-logic than they can comfortably process.

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2019

It's no Night of the that's for sure, but I enjoyed it in parts. Paricularly fond of the coke punks and the pimp. Dubbing's a nightmare though.

• Aug 08, 2019

Screw any logic Lamberto Bavas film is good gruesome Italian horror. Hardened punks listen to Go West !! And loads of people die in lots of nasty ways . The perfect pizza and beer film it really is a lot of gory fun.

• Jul 06, 2019

This movie's a pretty neat idea. All centered in a showing of a horror film at a theater, the characters all have a tongue-in-cheek aspect to it. Whether intentionally or unintentionally it makes it a good film. You're probably thinking I'm giving this much too high of a rating but it's quite scary, gory, and when they become trapped in the theater, all hell breaks loose. The movie they are watching is pretty neat and shows us just how inept the characters are with how poorly derivative the main characters are. It's wild, it's fun, and the ending you're like, what did I just see? For that, I consider this a respect to not only an edge of the zombie movie franchise, but also for demons and how they act. Recommend seeing this one.

• Nov 12, 2018

Didn't finish it because it was a bad zobie B movie. The story was the issue.

Didn't finish it because it was a bad zobie B movie. The story was the issue.

• Oct 26, 2018

Demoni - I did like this film . Lamberto Bava tried very hard I give him an 'A' for effort. My enjoyment of 'Demons' I do not think was directors Brava or screen play writer Dario Argento intended goal for there audience. This film was over the top in many ways . It was so absurd I found my enjoyment of the film in terms of extremely funny a laugh-out-loud moments. The best scenes in the movie are laugh-out-loud funny. The characters acting and stereotypical 'The Pimp' , 'The Jocks' , 'The Blind Man' going to (Watch) a movie he is BLIND, the "Young Delinquents" on cocaine had me rolling in the isle laughing my A.s.s off. The special effects were quite good but also so over the top as to be humoristic. The action sequences in the climax of Demons was so antic & uproarious I about pissed my self in my hysterical outburst of insane laughter . 'Demons' is in the same B movie vain as 'The Toxic Avenger' so 'ludicrous' that the 'Demons' is a must watch horror film . It is hysterical. Amusing. Divertingly entertaining. 8 /10

• Sep 12, 2018

Campy, gruesome fun!

Campy, gruesome fun!

• May 07, 2018

Fantastic film. Of course, some of the lines are a bit 80s (a bit cheesy and statements that didn't flow) but the overall effects, music, and pace of the film were nicely done. I feel this film is underrated and should be watched by many.