Distant Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Distant Thunder Reviews

½ October 1, 2014
All about the performances....the movie itself is barely so-so.
November 7, 2011
88%

"It said 'no tresspassing'"-Harvey Nitz (Reb Brown)
½ July 20, 2010
This film is very powerful and has many lessons that can be learned from it also. Ralph Macchio and John Lithgow give powerful performances. It is somewhat hard to stay interested in untill the last 30 minutes of the movie. All in all, a captivating film.
½ July 20, 2010
October 26, 2009
I had never heard of this movie but I decided to get it because it has a great cast. John Lithgow, Ralph Macchio and Reb Brown. I had no real expectations and seeing how very few people atleast on Netflix, facebook and IMDB have rated this it was very surprising. Figuring that Ralph Macchio and John Lithgow are not unknown actors and the film felt like it had a budget. Anyway, I really did enjoy this movie. It has great cinematography and great acting. The vietnam scenes and the woods parts are shot well. I am confused to why it is not more widely known. It is taken seriously and the story is compelling. The relationship between Lithgow and Macchio is pretty unique. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised at this movie and I did enjoy it a lot. It is different than other films and I guess it being kind of low on the radar makes it all the more compelling.
November 29, 2008
This is not the Distant Thunder I meant. It is by Indian director Satjit Ray.
October 9, 2008
This is the only Ralph Macchio movie i havent seen im saving money to buy it off ebay though so its all good i cant wait to watch it!!!!
July 8, 2008
The action seemed to drag and I found myself getting restless and eager for this film to end. The relationships between the characters barely carried this movie, but whether that was more the result of the acting or writing is hard to say.

Even if the situation depicted here is based on some kind of truth - a combat veteran so traumatized by his experience that he cannot function in day-to-day society, so he lives a life of isolation in the mountains - it still seems too remote and far-fetched to be taken seriously. How many Vietnam vets took to the hills anyway?
½ January 27, 2008
wasn't a bad story of a father trying to deal with the war and being a father
November 1, 2007
This is not the "Distant Thunder" film I referenced.
½ August 9, 2007
This movie could have been better, but it wasn't too bad of a film, It has a great cast.
½ March 9, 2007
5.5/10. Not too bad, the main problem being it is all too familiar. It's been done many times before in one shapoe or form. The cast is good and it is professionally made. A little too long, but not terrible so.
October 1, 2005
Classic Vietnam story about a group of men who are unable to live in the real world after the war and decide live in the forests in the Pacific Northwest. Several years later Lithgow's son played by the great Ralph Maccio is off to see his long lost father. Well told and works on many levels. An average film.