Double Trouble - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Double Trouble Reviews

July 4, 2015
Elvis travels to Britain and Belgium without ever having to leave the Hollywood sound stage. There's too much of this synthetic form of film-making and even the set of songs The King gives us don't add much.
½ June 24, 2015
Fairly painful- tries to be British absurdist, just ends up being clunky and stupid. Dumb overly complex and mostly meaningless plot, annoying female leads, bland music... not exactly memorable and just barely watchable. Disappointment.
December 7, 2012
Elvis film make a note!
November 6, 2012
i've seen most of them but this is one of my all time fav. Elvis movies
October 14, 2012
I'm continuing my 30th Anniversary Elvis week by watching this movie on DVD.

It's not one of Elvis best movies but then again it's not his worst. I like this movie, but it's 100% one for the fans or for kids. It has a very childish feel to it and the songs reflect that (Old McDonald in probably a career low for The King). I really like the song and the scene for 'I Love on the One Girl' though

Elvis tours Europe in this including London, of course Elvis never came to London so it's all at the MGM backlot.

The movie has many dumb characters in it including the incredibly annoying The Wiere Brothers playing a kind of rubbish trio of Inspector Clouseau type wannabes. Some will like these guys but most will hate them, I'm in the 'hate them' camp.

The movie has some good points and Elvis fans will enjoy it, and like I said, kids will find something to enjoy as well.
For the rest of you however, It's probably best you don't see Elvis on the back of a truck singing to some chicks (and those ain't girls)

(take 2 stars off this score if you're not a fan of Elvis)
August 26, 2011
I liked it ...not one of his well knowed but hey made me laugh!
½ August 5, 2011
This movie is boring. Everyone in this movie was bored. I was bored watching this movie.
August 1, 2011
Elvis gets caught up w/ some jail bait. He should have hightailed it cause he could have got busted for statutory rape. Not a bad Elvis movie but most of them aren't bad if you're a fan & chew the bubble gum. Double Trouble is a little goofy so much that Elvis sings his rendition of Old MacDonald Had a Farm. That is actually the stand out song which shows you how weak the musical numbers are as he sings his way through Europe. There's also some dim witted jewel thieves that have Elvis unsuspectingly smuggle some diamonds for them. Pretty thin but it's not like The King's movies were mental marvels
½ May 22, 2011
incepe sa nu se mai incadreze in ani 60/70 cu looku lui
April 17, 2011
Yet another Elvis movie, this one I actually liked, it's cute and funny, and I really enjoyed it.
May 19, 2010
No, it's not Mary Kate and Ashley, it's Elvis! And good luck figuring out why this movie is called Double Trouble and not Single Trouble. Favorite moment: what must be one of the lowest points in the King's career-- a rockin' version of Old McDonald Had a Farm. Oink,oink here!
March 1, 2010
elvis and anette are so great in this movie. i like the part when he say:'' i was lying to you too.. when i said i don't love oyu'' <3 <3 <3
jjnxn
½ September 2, 2009
Totally mediocre Elvis. He actually is reduced to singing Old MacDonald had a Farm. Watch Viva Las Vegas again instead.
June 9, 2009
Maybe I thought it wasking hilarious because Elvis was so sarcastic, but it was really funny. They keep you guessing until the end at who exactly is bad, even though you know those characters are still up to something. I swear I've seen at least one of those girls in another Elvis movie too. Apparently it's okay to recycle them so long as he doesn't end up with them. It has some catchy tunes too.
January 13, 2009
It's evident to see that with each movie, Elvis starts caring less and less. It's nice that he's taken a cue from his Memphis friend Jerry Lee and added an underage girl to the plot. If she wasn't so British and annoying. Oh, how I long for an Ann-Margret reunion.
September 8, 2008
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING
½ July 24, 2008
Nice to see that this movie was a little different than some of the other ones, with it taking place in Europe.
July 24, 2008
good if ur an elvis fan not like the early films but still good
½ June 28, 2008
Very funny story. A must see.
June 11, 2008