Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Reviews

• Nov 07, 2019

One of the greatest movies ever made. F*** society.

One of the greatest movies ever made. F*** society.

• Oct 19, 2019

Arguably the best version of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde tale. Fredric March does a fantastic job portraying the good loving and scientifically curious Dr. Jekyll and the crazed monstrous Mr. Hyde. Also thinking about special effects at the time, the transformation scenes are very impressive and quite seamless, still grounding this story in a believable setting.

• Sep 07, 2019

Admittedly ahead of its time in many aspects, namely the transformation effects, and the performances were all good. However it's ultimately not my cup of tea. There were some unintentionally funny aspects like Hyde looking fugly in a goofy, but not scary, way. Boring moments are present as well due to some poor pacing/plotting. I know it's unfair to be harsh to a 80+ year old film, but to hell with it. I was disappointed.

• Jan 31, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made! With the best movie character ever portrayed: Fredric March as Mr. Edward Hyde!

• Jan 21, 2019

Damned interesting atmospherically, particularly the exteriors. Solid performance from Fredric March, though I admit, I half expected him to break into a little song and dance each time he completed the transformation to Hyde. Just something about the way he expressed his excitement in the moment. Very enjoyable watch on the whole.

• Dec 30, 2018

What a nice experience to view such a classic film. This is only the 3rd silent film I've seen and it is by far the best. A tragic tale of a man's quest for knowledge in the pursuit of science. The ultimate battle in good vs evil, where evil wins in the end. There's no happy ending here. The effects and make-up were brilliant considering the time period. The acting is a bit overdone at times but you can't fault them considering it's a silent film.

• Aug 24, 2018

The definitive Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

The definitive Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

• Jun 08, 2018

The best of the lot of this movie....easily in fact.Campy and cheesy with just enough over the top to put the movie over the top.

• Oct 05, 2017

I did like this movie, but I found it to have a slow start and poor pacing. However, the highlight of this film is to see Fredric March play the duel roles with such contrast, even with the over dramatic stuff, you could tell he was having fun. This is a classic, but not one of my favorites. Still worth checking out at least once if you can sit through it.

• Jun 12, 2017

Literally the worst film adaptation of a book I've ever seen. While the plot is nearly completely different from Stevenson's classic novella aside from some characters sharing the same names, the story of Jekyll/Hyde trying to go for two woman at once is just simply boring. It seems like the director only looked at the cover of the book and tried to predict how the story would go. The only parts I liked were the eccentric Hyde scenes.