How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews

June 29, 2015
the best grinch movie/short 10/10 best thing ever!!!!!!!!!
½ May 27, 2015
Not one of my favorite Xmas standard but still a staple.
December 27, 2014
Still my favourite :)
December 25, 2014
This Dr. Seuss adaptation is one of Chuck Jones' greatest achievements, which makes it one of the greatest pieces of animation ever. From a technical standpoint, it's nothing groundbreaking, but given the budget of TV specials at the time it was produced, it makes the most of what is given. As a Seuss adaptation, it is unparalleled. No other director has ever been able to really capture the spirit and tone of Seuss's work. Given that its source material is so short, the fact that it fits into a half-hour run time without needless stretching or original plot points is a marvel in and of itself. And Thurl Ravenscroft's "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch," is, without a doubt, the greatest Christmas movie song, bar none.
December 25, 2014
Great movie & message
½ December 24, 2014
Fantastic! A wonderful Christmas Classic. Dat face tho! :D
½ December 24, 2014
love it especially during Christmas holiday always gets me in the Christmas spirit
December 23, 2014
One of the very few films to break out of "christmas classics" and simply become a "classic". On the down side though this was so good it made modern producers think any children's book under 30 pages can become a blockbuster. Oh well
December 21, 2014
"Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is my second my favorite Christmas special that I have ever seen; it is almost up there with "A Charlie Brown Christmas" because they both share the same message on what Christmas is all about. Boris Karloff does a sensational job on both narrating and voicing the Grinch. The animation in this special is still wonderful to look at as well as Chuck Jones' direction. If you haven't seen it, check it out because it is definitely worth a look, and a whole lot of fun to watch.
December 18, 2014
Yes. 26 minutes of nostalgia.
December 18, 2014
Still as great as it was when I was a kid! A definite Christmas Classic!
December 17, 2014
"And they'll sing and they'll sing and they'll sing, sing, sing, sing." A simple childhood and holiday classic. Dr. Seuss dosen't fail to entertain with his fun jokes, songs, and crazy gizmos that the Whos bestow. Growing up with Seuss' books were a delight as well. The Grinch and his popularity are always a sheer joy every holiday season. The animation within the film is neatly well done, his dog Max is always a funny one besides the Grinch himself, and of course there's that big heartful moment within the film also that simply reminds us that you don't need gifts to enjoy Christmas day (especially in Whoville).
December 16, 2014
Decent kids 'film' (TV episode, really), with some good Seuss animation and rhyming. Simple, obvious, story, with a nice moral.
December 14, 2014
A Christmas classic. But you probably already knew that
December 10, 2014
I don't really like cartoons but this was ok
December 7, 2014
Another great Christmas classic and dr Seuss book.
December 5, 2014
This is a great Christmas Classic.
November 14, 2014
Perfect festive cartoon that will be loved by all
October 19, 2014
This may be a TV short. But it's more true and more close to the Dr. Seuss classic book about meaning and lessons for young minds as children.

The story is about a green, mean creature steals Christmas by dressing as Santa Clause on Christmas Eve, and stealing everyone's Christmas presents.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas the 1966 version is a true animated classic with a good message at the end that will truly tech kids to respect what their got and be grateful of what their got. The narration in this is almost close to perfect, because the writer's really put in so much into this trying to be like the classic book.

Overall this version is more better than the other bad versions like: The Cat in the Hat (2003) / How the Grinch stole Christmas (2000).
October 13, 2014
The grinch is a classic Christmas movie that should or for certain puts everyone that watch's it into the Christmas spirit fantastic,classic movie