An Eye for an Eye Reviews

• Oct 09, 2018

The opening has undercover DEA agent Sean (Chuck Norris) seeking vengeance after him and his DEA partner Dave Pierce (Terry Kiser) were double crossed, and later news reporter Linda(Rosalind Chao). As a result after Sean was let go from the police force, he seeks the aide of his friend, Mako (James Chan) who they eventually stumble on an illegal drug trade.

• Dec 13, 2017

There's no action but a good plot and some good answers by Norris !

There's no action but a good plot and some good answers by Norris !

• Mar 02, 2017

Respectable Chuck Norris action flick has Chuck as an undercover SFPD officer. He resigns his position early on in the film in order to go after a group of drug dealers who killed his partner. In many ways this film feels like a low rent karate version of "Dirty Harry," though that's not necessarily a bad thing. The film does feature a strong cast of B-movie starts including Christopher Lee, Richard Roundtree, Stuart Pankin, Mako, Matt Clark, and Professor Toru Tanaka (who for many years I thought was one-in-the-same as Harold Sakata of "Goldfinger" fame). Director Steve Carver keeps the film moving at a good pace, so it's never boring, and the action is solid. Norris and Carver would re-team a few years later for what I think is arguably Chuck's best film, "Lone Wolf McQuade," though a case can certainly be made for "Code of Silence." Overall this film isn't a classic, but in the pantheon of Chuck Norris films, this may actually be one of the better ones.

• Oct 11, 2016

An Eye for an Eye 1981, the action is once again a massive step up from the last Norris movie with guns etc. Being added to the mix with plenty of the classic roundhouse kicks too. My only issue with the films was that Norris sports no facial hair what so ever!!! Even the tash has been sheared off!!

• Sep 20, 2015

This is the first Chuck Norris film I've ever seen and I'm not impressed. I know you cannot expect to join a cult after just one film but I'm not exactly printing off the list of his movies and running to my local dvd shop. This is such a typical 80's cop drama straight off the assembly line where, no doubt, a bunch of Monkeys are accidentally writing such rubbish stories in their ultimate attempt to recreate the works of Shakespeare.

• Apr 10, 2015

This is not one of Chuck's better offerings.

This is not one of Chuck's better offerings.

• Mar 18, 2015

A decent martial arts film. With a great cast and decent fight scenes.

A decent martial arts film. With a great cast and decent fight scenes.

• Dec 02, 2014

Undercover San Francisco narcotics cops Sean Kane (Chuck Norris) and Dave Pierce (Terry Kiser) head into a dark alley to meet up with an informant by the name of Tony Montoya (Mel Novak) who promises to break their big investigation wide open by providing the name of the oriental drug ringleader. Minutes later, Pierce is dead after having been shot, hit by a car, and burned. Kane gets into trouble with his boss, Captain Stevens (Richard Roundtree), for sending one of the killers flying out a third story window to his death in full public view right after the incident. Rather than face discipline, and told to keep his distance by his superiors, Kane now decides to quit the force, and sets out to exact vengeance. Kane is not the only one who is angry; Dave's girlfriend, reporter Linda Chan (Rosalind Chao), is too, and she vows to bring the drug gang down herself by way of investigative reporting and public exposure. However, when Linda uncovers the secret that Kane and Pierce never found, she, too, is killed. Kane sets out for revenge, and so does Linda's grieving father James Chan (Mako Iwamatsu). Together they get to the bottom of things and bring down the drug gang, and its unexpected leader... "An Eye For An Eye" is one of Chuck Norris more well known movies I reckon, but has a weaker plot line then the more dynamic and not too bad "Good Guys Wear Black" in my point of view. It´s a simple vengeance b-movie with pretty ridiculous action sequences (and some truly poor acting at times....) and with bad guys that looks like they have been taken from a James Bond movie from the 70s. Christopher Lee´s participation is a pretty good hint at 007. I reckon the powerful Richard Roundtree is a bit wasted as he doesn´t get that much screen time and the same goes for the striking Rosalind Chao. Nah, this is pretty half assed if you ask me, a not one of Chuck Norris better ones.

• Jan 14, 2014

I liked it. I don't care what @Scott Weinberg has to say. Chuck Norris would kick his ass right now.

• Apr 29, 2013

Police detective Sean Kane (Chuck Norris) is any criminal's worst nightmare: a cop who's just as lethal with his lightning-quick martial arts moves as he is with his service revolver. But when his partner is brutally murdered, Kane quits the force and goes beyond the law to seek vengeance against the ruthless Morgan Canfield (Christopher Lee), a powerful and well-connected drug lord who destroys any man who stands in his way. But Kane has never been more ready for a fight. He's bold, ferocious and has an ace up his sleeve: his mentor, Chan (Mako), a martial arts wizard who will join him in a thrilling no-holds-barred final assault against Canfield and his criminal empire. also stars Richard Roundtree, Matt Clark, Rosalind Chao, Stuart Pankin, Maggie Cooper and Terry Kiser. directed by Steve Carver.