Eyewitness Reviews

• Aug 22, 2019

I wish this movie was really great, especially with this cast, but it's an ok movie more appreciable for it's unique 80's feel, the feel of still prevailing freedom in American cinema, without PC content. As for the story, it's pretty typical and even boring, and the ending scene looks quite ludicrous with all these horses running around and those two wanna-be killers not knowing what to do. Far more interesting is the dynamic between William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver, it's a pure pleasure to eyewitness them together.

• Aug 22, 2018

Eyewitness is an early 80s film which deserves much more recognition, primarily because of two reasons: William Hurt's turn as a Vietnam vet turned lovelorn Janitor who gets infatuated with a news reporter and for Sigourney Weaver's ethereal beauty. I know- shallow, but sweet Sigourney has never looked more ravishing and a scene of her on a horseback in central park is etched in my brain. The film itself is pretty decent as most films-even tv films used to be back in the day. You should see it for Sigourney Weaver. 6/(Sigourney looks gorgeous here).

• Aug 22, 2018

• Aug 10, 2018

• Jul 22, 2018

• Apr 14, 2018

Eyewitness is a fascinating and compelling thriller. A janitor name Daryll is obsessed with reporter, Tony Sokolow (Even recording every broadcast she makes), so when his chance comes to talk to her after his boss is murdered at work (And whose past involves weapon smuggling during the Vietnam War), he can't help but fabricate a story to get her attention and be with her. However, as the two of them come to find out, the perpetrators come to believe that Daryll actually did witness the crime and want him dead. It's a strange, tangled web of a plot with interesting twists. Sometimes it stumbles (There are points where you can tell two different scripts were blended together...which is exactly what happened. A film about a janitor combined with a murder mystery), but as a whole, it remains engaging thanks to terrific direction and the solid performances by William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver. It's an underrated gem within its genre.

• Oct 01, 2017

Boring, slow, gave up because I no longer cared whodunnit. This movie does stand the test of time. Pass.

• Sep 08, 2017

A Real Old Fashioned Feast. 1 of James Woods first performances and he sadly seriously steals scenes from William. Great bit of conspiracy.

• Jun 18, 2017

Good enough to watch

Good enough to watch

• Jun 22, 2015

A fun thriller with a tremendous cast, most of whom are at the peak of their powers. Hurt & Weaver are beautiful, and Freeman gets a stab at the role that would become his bread and butter in another 15 years.