The Fog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fog Reviews

½ July 10, 2016
Good music, not scary. Fog scenes alright, doesn't show you pirates until end
June 19, 2016
Great film. Still enjoy after all these years. In my top 10.
½ June 10, 2016
This was not the scariest film, but it was creepy, good story, good performances. And for its time this was more intense than the remake.
May 4, 2016
One of the best horror films of the late 70's.
April 22, 2016
Of course I had to re-watch this on April 21st because every 100 years on April 21st...
March 26, 2016
Cult and classic movie. Carpenter at his best.
½ March 1, 2016
John Carpenter did a great job making this classic, scary Ghost movie
½ February 28, 2016
I love this film so much!
My first viewing was a rental VHS at my grandparents when I was a child. It scared me back then, and still creeps me out today.
½ January 25, 2016
La suspance si spezza troppo presto e rimane solo una trafila di ammazzamenti. Poco ispirato.
January 24, 2016
One of the most underrated horror movies.
January 24, 2016
'The Fog' is heavy on atmosphere, but fairly weak on structure and character development. But since it's a ghost story, the mood of the picture is really the most important thing. John Carpenter's talent is still remarkable, and by this point in his career, he hadn't even scratched the surface. It's a pretty fun watch.
½ January 20, 2016
One Of My Favorite's...!
January 14, 2016
Mystic horror set on the very shores of California. Chilling synthesisers introducing the banished ones. Solid and haunting.
½ January 4, 2016
The climax of the film is pretty good, and I really wish the whole film was on the level because if it was it'd be an easy four stars. However this is one of those films that makes you wait and wait and wait for the action to start. If I were to guess I'd say there's about an hour of buildup and 20 minutes of execution, which does not make for an entertaining watch.
December 24, 2015
The Fog is an original and thrilling story, that counts with a good cast and with a dark and unwieldy athmosphere and that can be considered a promisor movie that should have been better than it really is, because of its predictable narrative and weak script.
December 24, 2015
½ December 13, 2015
Great atmosphere! Carpenter at his height!
½ November 21, 2015
Kudos for being a Carpenter classic and for much of the first two acts, it maintains a pretty solid amount of tension but the rushed and simple final act let it down some.
½ November 3, 2015
Carpenter knows how to present his story in a suspenseful way.
October 26, 2015
Very creepy film and original film.