Footloose Reviews

• 21h ago

Teen moves to a small town that has outlawed dancing. Teen decides to show the town how fun it is to dance. It's a decent film. There's not much to the plot but it's still entertaining.

• Mar 25, 2020

Dancing, strict parents, catchy music; who wouldn't fall in love with this love story that is covered by a coming of age drama. This movie is almost perfect throwing in good performances from Kevin Bacon (Friday the 13th, Sleepers), Chris Penn (Pale Rider, Reservoir Dogs), John Lithgow (Third Rock from the Sun, Raising Cain), Dianne West (Edward Scissorhands, Law & Order), and Lori Singer (Trouble in Mind, Warlock) with catchy pop songs sung by Kenny Loggins, Moving Pictures, Bonnie Tyler, and Deniece Williams. The problem I had was the beef between Ren and Chuck. It seemed forced and almost pointless. It was never about who is going to win Ariel's heart at first, it was because Ren called him out. He had no development of being a good villain, the only way I can call him a villain was because of the climax. Other than that Chuck was a character that was purposely non developed for no reason at all.

• Sam
    Mar 12, 2020

Great story of teenage expression. Great music. If you're a fan of the 80's this is a must see.

• Feb 02, 2020

one of the greatest soundtracks that i`ve ever seen, really na 80s movie

one of the greatest soundtracks that i`ve ever seen, really na 80s movie

• Nov 27, 2019

As a member of the somewhat infamous Gen Z, revisiting my parents' childhood movies was quite an experience. Footloose has so many musical hits that I had no idea came from the movie. The acting in it is amazing and to hear people talking about this movie without knowing what it was to now loving this movie, it's quite a transformaion and I agree 100% with all the Footloose fans out there. 10/10 for me!

• Oct 28, 2019

This is an amazing classic. I've watched this like a million times and it gets better every time!

• Oct 27, 2019

Good story and acting

Good story and acting

• Oct 26, 2019

Eh. Corny. Actually liked the 2011 version better.

Eh. Corny. Actually liked the 2011 version better.

• Aug 27, 2019

So much fun. Peak Kevin Bacon with a banger soundtrack and some righteous dancing. Kenny Loggins is a certified genius.

• Michael M
    Aug 25, 2019

The minister was SINCERE, not a stereotype. He listened he thought he CHANGED. YES, all the other stuff, love, fights, music, dancing, etc. was fine. It holds up well after 35 years!