The Four Seasons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Four Seasons Reviews

March 29, 2010
This is an oldie but it's great and still stands the test of time today. A very realistic portrayal of marriage, friendship,aging and the seasons of your life both bitter and sweet
December 10, 2009
Middle age. No one wants to go through it. This film does a good job of examining middle age relationships, friendships, love, trust and honesty. Some may feel that the film is boring in that it encapsulates real life so well. A few things stop this film from being great. First is the music. It's a little obvious. I get that it's the Four Seasons, and I get that the movie spans four seasons. Sometimes the music is a little overbearing. Second is the ending. How do you end a movie about real life. I admit it's a difficult problem, but the ending to this film felt so tacked on, manipulatively dramatic and abrupt, it downplays everything that came before.
½ October 28, 2009
There is something comforting about this movie, no matter how old it is. The cast just gels here and the acting is not half bad. Alan Alda directed this gem and stars with Carol Burnett and Rita Moreno about 4 couples that do everything together. The big piece of this movie is that it shows the trials and tribulations of marriage and how difficult it can be to have friends. The storyline is not the strong part of the movie, it is the acting. I was surprised to see the performances by two of the biggest comedians in the business. Bess Armstrong puts on a good performance as well!
½ September 10, 2009
Awesome comedy with Alan Alda, Carol Burnett and Rita Moreno. The tagline of the movie is "Here's to our friends...and the strength to put up with them." LOL!!!
½ July 26, 2009
carol burnette,she sooooooo funny,and i like alan alda
½ May 12, 2009
funny ,, i laughed my head off
April 3, 2009
Alan Alda at his directorial and acting best
March 19, 2009
This only looks good to watch because of Alan Alda
½ February 16, 2009
Saw this about 18 years ago, at school, believe it or not! Can't remember a damn scene...
January 15, 2009
nominated for best picture at the golden globes
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.
½ January 8, 2009
I enjoyed this movie when it first came oiut from the standpoint of enjoying the comedy of the actors. The older I get the more I enjoy the movie as I understand the dynamics more and more! It's a classic!
January 2, 2009
Not a great name for a movie considering all of the other things that share the same name.
October 4, 2008
When critics complain about talking heads, they're thinking of this movie.
October 4, 2008
I wanna see this REALLY bad. I'm a HUGE Alan Alda fan and anything with Alan Alda AND Carrol Burnett HAS to be good!
October 4, 2008
How had I never seen this movie before....I love Alan Alda and Carol Burnett was the best in this. A warm, funny movie.
½ September 30, 2008
An old fave that I just became reaquainted with, The Four Seasons did not let me down, and at over 20 year old has aged well. After a blustery start, the film settles into a funny and touching study of friendhips, relationships and mid-life crises, beautifully brought to life by a wonderful ensemble cast led by Alda - who also directed - Carol Burnett and Rita Moreno - two of the most infectious laughs in the business - Jack Weston - who also teamed brilliantly with Moreno in The Ritz - Len Cariou, Sandy Dennis and Bess Armstrong. A film filled with truth and genuine affection.
½ July 21, 2008
This is one of the best movies no one knows about!! It is a funny, touching and complex study of the relationships between friends and couples. Alan Alda and Carol Burnett star and what could be better than that?!?!
July 21, 2008
This is an oldie but a goodie. Saw it many years ago and again recently. Like the plot and some classic one-liners. Some lovely scenery to the sounds of Vivaldi.