Freaky Friday Reviews

• Feb 25, 2019

A fun family comedy that made me genuinely laugh. I prefer this version over the 2003 remake.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Apr 13, 2017

There are definitely parts of Freaky Friday that haven't aged well. Some moments are laughably dated whereas others are cringeworthy. However, this is still a fun family movie that keeps everyone entertained. Plus, it's the first body swap movie in history, so that deserves some respect, dangit!

• Apr 23, 2015

Goofy Disney movie starring Barbara Harris and Jodie Foster, as a mother and daughter who switch places on Friday the 13th, and get to walk a mile in each others' shoes. The premise is goofy, and the gags are easy, but it is kind of a fun family film that works.

• Jan 20, 2015

La Disney hacia unas peliculas muy entretenidas, nada que ver con lo que hace hoy, Barbara Harris lo mejor de la pelicula.

• Nov 16, 2014

The original 'Freaky Friday', the original switcheroo movie. A mom and daughter getting their bodies exchanged (on Friday the 13th) is rife with possibilities, but considering this is a Disney production, it's a commendable adaptation. It's hilarious from beginning to end, especially because of the two talented leads, Barbara Harris and Jodie Foster, who assume each other's characters with terrific ease. Supporting actors like Marc McClure (Boris), Sparky Marcus (Ben) and John Astin (Bill) are noteworthy too. There are so many laugh-out-funny and memorable sequences in the film, from the sports scenes (baseball and hockey) to car chases to stunts (water-skiing), but my favourite scene is the one with the father's (Bill's) secretary - after listening to Annabel's comments, she keeps entering the office, making herself modest with each entrance; it's just unbearably rib-tickling. "I wish I could switch places with her for just one day." - I wonder, how many people must have tried using this line. Even one likes, be sure to check out the 2003' updated adaptation as well; it's as hilarious and intriguing.

• May 06, 2014

love the film and Barbara Harris was hot

love the film and Barbara Harris was hot

• Apr 03, 2014

Freaky Friday is a pretty good effort by Disney, but the flaws in the story put it on a slightly lower plateau then other Disney greats. Nonetheless, it is a heartwarming film.

• Mar 06, 2014

The story is about a teenager and her mother switch bodies for a day. This movie is a good family friendly film with a lot to laugh at and enjoy.

• Feb 23, 2014

This is one criminally underrated movie. People often talk about how this movie is one of the classic body-swapping comedies and here I find out that not many eole actually liked this movie. I have no idea why. The story involves around Annabel Andrews played by a young Jodie Foster who is a young teenage pimp girl. She is always bickering with her mother Ellen played by Barbara Harris because she has to handle all the hard work of the family and Annabel is a big one. On Friday the 13th when Annabel is at school and Ellen is at home doing the housework, they both make a wish that they want to be in each others' shoes for the day and their wish unexpectedly comes true. Now Annabel, with the mind of Ellen is stuck at school hanging around with the other teenage pimps and Ellen with the mind of Annabel is stuck at home doing all the housework, cleaning and handling the calls. Learning that they cannot live the lives of each other but after a few changes in them has worked, they decide to live with those changes and live together forever. Films like these worked because they give you the idea and thought, "What would happen if you were a kid and swapped bodies with an elderly or if it was the other way around, what would happen then?" The movie was amazing. It was funny at times, I loved the intro which was incredibly nostalgia, I loved how Walt Disney took advantages of this film of being a teen comedy and turned it into a child-friendly adventure and most of all, I loved the story. Freaky Friday gets a 9.9/10.