Funny Farm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Funny Farm Reviews

August 6, 2017
"Funny Farm" is a rare, special act; equal parts burning satire and heartwarmingly sentimental, this comedy is chock full of clever humor, great performances, and a fabulous moral. Possibly Chevy Chase's best film.
½ June 6, 2017
Chevy Chase was the draw, but this movie didn't prove worthy of the time it took to watch. Slow paced and comedy that just wasn't very funny. I'd say skip it.
May 21, 2017
Mediocre comedy has Chevy Chase as a writer trading in city life for a secluded house in the country and enduring a series of pitfalls adjusting to his new way of life. Saw this one in the theaters and had not revisited it since. Recall it being underwhelming back then and that was confirmed over 25 years later.
March 20, 2017
Pretty good Chevy Chase comedy, even with the predictable ending and lags in some areas.
December 15, 2016
While a lot of the jokes fall flat in this, I still found the story just interesting enough to not hate it. I also really like how it ended as well. This is not Chevy Chase's best film, but it is still worth checking out at least once.
½ August 7, 2016
Good-natured and with a few laughs, 'Funny Farm' isn't actually that funny - just a few mishaps and no actual hilarity. Chase seems to skate by and nothing interesting happens at all - and they all end up happily ever after.
½ May 12, 2016
Slow and laid back but pretty funny when it wants to be. That testicles eating scene is hilarious for one.
February 19, 2016
Almost plagued by weaknesses, it's not the worst film of the 80s you'll see but it's also one of Chevy's forgettable films. There are laughs though.
September 21, 2015
A minor classic. Chevy Chase is hilarious in this fish-out-of-water story as a sportswriter trying to become a novelist. Surprisingly, many people don't know about this one. Give it a try!
½ September 20, 2015
Underrated Classic. Chase plays a Clark Griswold-esque character in this hilarious comedy. He is simply at his best in this type of role.
September 14, 2015
I laughed and that's all that counts in a Chevy Chase movie right?
½ August 31, 2015
Classic comedy...love Chevy Chase
August 24, 2015
more like fletch 3 but better
July 26, 2015
I never saw this back in the 80's. I have to say, I was shocked to discover this was from 1988, looking at it, I was thinking maybe 82 or 83. It is extremely dated to look at with a dull, flat look to it. None of the colour or flair I would associate with an 80's movie.
Story is okay, about a couple who move to a small town so the guy can write a book. A few small laughs, but it crosses into National Lampoons style humor, which really isn't my thing.
The Christmas scene is very pretty, though. Not a classic for me, though people who grew up with this one may have a different view of it.
Another one with my least favourite cliched "happy ending" scene. So nauseating.
½ June 12, 2015
There is a strange soothing nostalgia to watching Chevy Chase films, even if they are rubbish and not very funny like this one.
½ May 5, 2015
It's alright but not as funny as other Chevy Chase movies.
April 15, 2015
Not a big Chase fan but this is his funniest movie since Fletch.
½ March 8, 2015
It was alright. Better if it was called "Boring Farm" though.
½ December 1, 2014
I'm surprised that it holds up fairly well. It's not a classic, but it's entertaining.
November 5, 2014
Favorite comedy of all time