Funny Farm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Funny Farm Reviews

May 18, 2014
Chevy Chase is off to the countryside for some home grown laughs in Funny Farm. Looking for the quiet life, the Farmers move to the small rural town of Redbud, but they soon discover that the town isn't as idyllic as they thought. Co-starring Madolyn Smith, the film features some impressive comedic talent. Chase and Smith prove to have great chemistry together as a city couple that's out of their element. And while a lot of jokes are stereotypical, (making fun of the backward ways of small towns) it works pretty well here. A good old fashioned comedy, Funny Farm is entertaining and fun.
March 3, 2014
Funny movie how can people be divided
½ January 29, 2014
It does have some enjoyable moments in it but outside that its nothing special
January 11, 2014
Unfortunately, for the most part, "Funny Farm" just isn't really that funny, which is surprising given that it was made when Chevy Chase was at his finest.
December 27, 2013
I especially like the scenes with dog and yellow dog
November 26, 2013
the film is actually anything BUT funny. It plays out more like a low-brow remake of the film "Misery". Madolyn Smith Osborne and Chevy are both fine, if not good here, but I don't think I laughed-out-loud once. I remember seeing this at the theater, and the crowd was none-too-happy upon departure.
September 11, 2013
Favorite comedy of all time thumbs up
August 27, 2013
So unfunny and lifeless it's almost unwatchable. Chevy Chase has never been more set on cruise control.
½ June 28, 2013
'Funny Farm' can be funny, and I was laughing out loud quiet a few times, but the absence of slapstick, crude animal jokes and the "American Gothic" marriage scenario between Andy (Chevy Chase) and his wife Elizabeth (Madolyn Smith Osborne)] that I was expecting had me feeling a little underwhelmed in the end.
June 10, 2013
Favorite comedy 2 thumbs up
June 10, 2013
Favorite comedy of all time 2 thumbs up
April 25, 2013
Chevy was the man back then
March 27, 2013
lol after see this you will need to go to the funny farm .. this is a great movie
February 28, 2013
A pleasent comedy for the whole family. Aldough A far cry from Chevy Chase's best films, its script still manages to make an effective use of some of his comical strengths.
December 24, 2012
I love this movie. One of Chevy's best!
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
½ October 31, 2012
Nothing funny on this farm. At all.
½ September 13, 2012
This movie isn't as funny as the name suggests. But it's an easygoing and entertaining ride.
September 5, 2012
All his movies are good
½ August 28, 2012
Funny Farm isn't quite funny, rather depressing when Chevy Chase's life is under scrutiny and promptly finds himself in a road block to misery.
The film struggles on settling for meaning or substance.. no worse then a confused teen facing puberty. Funny farm is purely Famous for Flip flopping it's uncertain direction until it leads back to where it all started. Nowhere.