The Goodbye Girl Quotes
The top The Goodbye Girl quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Elliott Garfield: I happen to have a lease in my pocket. Are you gonna honor it or what?Paula McFadden: I have a daughter in my bedroom. That tops the lease in your pocket.
- Paula McFadden: What happened to your eye?Elliott Garfield: I used it to stop a fist from going through my face.
- Paula McFadden: You were never four-and-a-half, you were born 26.
- Elliott Garfield: [lamenting yet another bad review of his performance in the play] Channel 5 was honest. Direct and honest: 'Richard the III stunk. And Elliot Garfield was the stinkee.'
- Lucy McFadden: [hears Elliot chanting] What's that?Paula McFadden: Sounds like God.Lucy McFadden: I smell strawberries burning.Paula McFadden: That's incense.Lucy McFadden: What's incense?Paula McFadden: It is what I'm feeling right now.
- Elliott Garfield: I play the guitar whenever I cannot sleep, and I meditate every morning, complete with chanting and burning incense, so if you have to walk around I'd appreciate a little tiptoeing. Also: I sleep in the nude. 'Au buffo.' Winter and summer, rain or snow, with the windows open. And because I may have to go to the potty or to the fridge in the middle of the night, and because I do not want to put on jammies which I do not own in the first place, unless you're looking for a quick thrill or your daughter an advanced education I'd keep my door closed.
- Paula McFadden: I thought you said you were decent.Elliott Garfield: I am decent. I also happen to be naked.