The Haunting Reviews

• Oct 27, 2019

The scariest movie ever!!!

The scariest movie ever!!!

• Oct 16, 2019

All time best not seen monster.

All time best not seen monster.

• Oct 15, 2019

A classic example of a well-executed ghost story. Well adapted from a fine book in and of itself. The actors are intriguing, diverse, and layered. Solid, intentional cinematography. The pacing is perfect. The scares play more toward the imagination rather than revealing what lurks in Hill House. If you appreciate horror, you must watch.

• Oct 07, 2019

The original to the House on Haunted Hill-the classic haunted house film. Not quite as exciting, but better done n kinda corny like the remake. What I liked about this version was the house itself (grand gothic Victorian mansion) and the scientific explanations for things, which is often lacking in bad horror films. The backstory of house was kinda stupid tho. Also, the main character wasn't very likable. I found Theo to be more likable n interesting as she comes off like a secret lesbian psychic. It wasn't particularly scary more a psychological thriller, but it was interesting to follow along and see what would come next from the house. Directing style was pretty good for the time as well. I wasn't expecting the ending bc it ends totally different from the remake, but it was a decent ending.

• Sep 22, 2019

A masterpiece of a haunted house genre; terrific atmospheric psychological study of true horrors that are within our mind, indeed supernatural or preternatural, as the mysteries of our mind are still as enigmatic for us as for the prehistoric man. Quite disturbing and at the same time satisfying cinematic experience.

• Sep 10, 2019

Superb slow burning horror.

Superb slow burning horror.

• Sep 06, 2019

What I like is, you never see the spirits. You use your imagination of what's going on. Best paranormal movie ever.

• May 05, 2019

If we are to watch this film, it should have been shot in color. Even some TV shows were beginning to be shot in color by this time. I do not buy the argument that black and white makes things scarier ... any decent producer has more to work with to achieve what (s)he wants to do -- and the audience is much better served by an attempt at real-life experience. The world is in color. Narrowing that down to black and white is a cheap conveyance that directors use to make their jobs easier. In a black and white world, it already is a fantasy.

• Mar 02, 2019

The Haunting has an interesting premise and a well written story, but I didn't find the suspense intense neither the character development strong as it could have been.

• Feb 11, 2019