Hot Pursuit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Pursuit Reviews

½ July 1, 2016
This never really obtained the level of comedy that it was hoping for, but there were a few moments that made me chuckle. Overall it is fairly forgettable though. I am a fan of John Cusack, but this is not one of his best movies.
½ May 28, 2016
5/22/2016: Not a great movie, but still entertaining.
May 21, 2016
A much underrated 80s flick. Hilarious and fun.
½ August 30, 2015
very watchable and entertaining.anything but a sleeper-good pace and no boring segments.
July 3, 2015
I remember expecting this film to be like "Better Off Dead" or "One Crazy Summer" and being disappointed. This time around I knew it wasn't a wacky Savage Steve Holland picture and that it was a more straight type of comedy. John Cusack plays a college student who misses out on a dream vacation with his cute girlfriend's rich family because of bad grades, but when he ends up being able to go, he spends the rest of the film tying to catch up to them in what's essentially a road movie set in the Caribbean. Cusack scored a class with the road movie "The Sure Thing," but this film is not funny, exciting or interesting. It does feature a good cast that includes the always great Robert Loggia as a crusty sea captain. There's also Jerry Stiller and Ben Stiller, and Keith David playing a ganja smoking Jamaican (which made me think of Robert Townsend's "Hollywood Shuffle" and the types of role black actors are forced to play if they want to work). Monte Markham and Shelley Fabares (who the 1960s version I have a big crush on) also appear in the film as the rich parents.
April 27, 2015
This COULDA BEEN a five star movie, but the story got really stupid towards the middle! ???
February 16, 2015
John Cusak 1987, shirtless. Wet as usual. A few laughs.
½ February 11, 2015
Starts out fun and dumb...then oddly shifts gears out of nowhere.
½ February 6, 2015
I'm a huge Cusack film but this one is pretty weak.
½ October 18, 2014
Dated and a bit silly.
July 17, 2014
A very good movie to watch when it is cold outside.
September 9, 2013
This was an oldie but a good. A comedy adventure from the 80's. I went in with really low expectation and was pleasantly surprised.
January 10, 2012
Only b/c of John Cusack
August 31, 2011
Love John Cusack, didn't like the role he played. I thought it was a pathetic role. But, the adventure and the people he met made it somehow better. Can't say I didn't like it.
½ July 31, 2011
Such an amazing action comedy. Great fun.
½ June 16, 2011
One of the '80s John Cusack as hapless underdog that I had somehow managed to missed, this finds him pursuing his lady love across the Caribbean in an effort to somehow catch up to she and her family on their vacation.

Pirates, potheads and all other manner of monkey wrenches are thrown into his plan along the way, and while I wasn't as charmed by this as I was by something like Better Off Dead, it's still a fun watch.

Give it a peep of you've (like me) somehow missed it back in the day.
½ June 11, 2011
A fun movie with decent action and a few funny parts, but remains a good watch.
½ May 31, 2011
What a disappointment this turned out to be. Dan, a party animal botches his Chemistry test, so he was delayed on his flight to meet up with his sweetheart in the Caribbean. But, it's the "Sure Thing" quasi-sequel in the never-ending twists and turns in the tropics. And the sure thing is that he has to fight for survival and maybe insanity just to see Lori. A bit obsessive-compulsive, isn't it? Well, this was just a disappointment to see them finally meet up in the last 10 minutes of this stupid film. A comedy that has no laughs in it is just a melodrama without drama.
½ March 11, 2011
This movie really isn't very good, however it is better then it should be for one reason..John Cusack. John Cusack can make any piece of crap movie good. He carries this one through.
January 29, 2011
I loved Cusack in this movie, he's in hot pursuit of his girlfriend in the Carribean, and the adventure is full of hilarity! I loved this comedy, and if you like comedy adventures, you'll like it too. Also, keep an eye our for both Stillers: Jerry and Ben, who play some very funny guys.