100 Feet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

100 Feet Reviews

bbcfloridabound
July 20, 2011
This film was shown at Screamfest 2008. One of the best horror films I have seen in a long time. Famke Janssen is over the top as a cop killer (her Husband) who is under house arrest. And he has come back for more revenge. Just over all excellent scary movie. Especially for you ladies living alone. 5 Stars.
3niR
July 26, 2010
You got 9 lives what do you care...

The first appearance of the ghost Mike Watson (Michael Pare) made me jumped. Can you beat a ghost with a baseball bat? I laughed when Marnie Watson (Famke Janssen) was doing that. I thought ghosts were transparent. And how come people are making love when there is a ghost in a house? Yes, yes I forgot this is a Hollywood movie where you can't call it a movie unless there are some sex scenes in it. No matter how crap the movie is, people will still like some parts like that (well it's the concept of the film industry I guess). And the ending was pretty horrible.
thefog1331
May 18, 2009
Slightly above average ghost story that other than one rather painfully gory scene could probably pass for a Lifetime Channel movie.
Disappointing coming from Eric Red who gave us Near Dark, the original The Hitcher and Body Parts but it's still more entertaining than that J-horror remake stuff.
puffchunk
May 13, 2009
Besides the fact that it wasn't at all scary, and the the ending was one of the cheesiest things I've even seen a big star like Famke Janssen associate with, it could have been worse. To be honest, the beginning of the movie was pretty promising if it had stayed NOT a horror movie. The prospect of a beautiful woman stuck in her house for a year had all kinds of promise. Then 'scary' stuff started happening, which ultimately failed. The only cool things I can say about that are the fact that she was so badass about not being a little wuss about it. Most heroines in distress in this situation would have freaked out the whole time, but she was standing up to the ghost which was refreshing. The only other cool part is the brutal beating of her grocery-boy lover.
½ January 14, 2009
Nice little horror film here from the man who wrote the hitcher way back 1986.Few good scare and one gross out sence and a well rounded movie with a fine performance from Famke janssen who had to carry the movie on her own.Worth cheaking out!!!
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
½ December 7, 2008
"Till Death Do Us Part Wasn't Enough"

A young woman, Marnie Watson, is granted early release from her prison sentence for manslaughter (killing her husband - a violent NYC cop - in self defense) on condition she wear an electronic ankle bracelet and remain within her home, effectively under house arrest, for the remainder of her sentence. Her late husband's partner keeps tabs on her from a patrol car parked across the street, hoping she'll violate probation and he can send her back to prison. But the 100-foot radius her ankle bracelet allows isn't the worst of her problems. Her dead husband --now a malevolent ghost--is still in the house, where he died -- intent on savage revenge.

Review
The movie had potential but as it goes on and the story unfolds, it tends to be a bit tiresome and the scares and the chills just wasn't there. The supposed ghost of the husband of Famke's character, Marnie didn't deliver the thrills. I've seen much more scarier things in real life than a CGI concocted vague image of some rotten dude trying to kill his wife. Another thing that seemed a bit odd was the premise of a ghost that can physically hurt and in Ed Westwick's case, kill a human being. Now, I'm not into the whole supernatural thing but I'm pretty sure ghosts can't do that. They're dead, they can't kill people when they're dead, that's just silly. Famke Janssen, from a big-budgeted film X-Men playing an iconic comic book character has been reduced to playing battered housewives in low budgeted horror movies. Such a shame really.
June 9, 2011
A nice little horror film that made me think twice about killing my loved one.
August Seria
January 25, 2012
Besides the fact that it is truly a scary movie, and holds one of the most brutal deaths I've seen. I guess what really makes this a great horror is Famke Janssen's stellar performance as the ex-convict battered wife.
September 25, 2011
Wow...this was really not good. It's no longer scary if you show the ghost of the abusive ex-husband as some wavy cartoon image with a red face.
whosinthenews
½ October 6, 2009
Your run of the mill "white people see dead people" movie...this ones claim to fame though, I think, is that it's the first ever to feature an exploding ghost. That's right. It also has one of the best on screen mutilations I've seen in a while. Marnie's deceased husband twists up her boy toy like a pretzel and then turns him into a slab of beef.
If you're a fan of guys who look like the guy from Twilight, or exploding ghosts, then I highly recommend this! If not, I highly recommend keeping "100 feet" away! GET IT!?
PC79
August 20, 2009
I thought it was a great haunting story.
John2223
October 4, 2008
Reasons for avoiding this movies:
-Good premise but bad execution.
-A thriller that doesnīt thrill.
-Horror that doesnīt scare.
-No tension.
-A unconvincing drama.
-A pathetic cop with bad acting.
-Horrible ending.
-The trailer is very much better than the movie. Donīt bite the decoy.
-Completely disapointing.

Reasons to see it:
-If you want to waste 1 hour and 36 minutes of your life.
½ March 26, 2015
Not bad at all. Very original yet classic ghost story of isolation, helplessness and of course, victimization. Has some spooky parts (if not terrifying) and not badly acted particularly by our lead character. It has a memorably violent death towards the end that made me feel bad in a good way, the same way I suspect the director wanted us all to feel.
½ May 23, 2013
August 25, 2012
The reviews made it look good, the trailer looked good, but in the end? The movie was a letdown. It dragged out, and in spots, really made no sense.
½ May 3, 2012
After evidently falling out with the music industry, famed rock star Eddie Wilson becomes a police officer and marries ex-X-man Jean Grey. After becoming an abusive husband, Eddie minus his Cruisers is killed by the Dark Pheonix ala Burning Bed style minus the burning bed: insert knife here - three times. Well, that's not exactly what happened, but it sounds better than what I watched.

100 Feet is a no rules haunted house story where Ghost can do anything Ghost wants to do until Ghost can't. In a flick where explanations are so far down the priority list they're not even bothered with, I feel silly for wondering how a woman can clean up a crime scene in the time it takes a person to walk up a flight of steps.

There are a lot of missteps along the way, and the obvious, utterly idiotic ending didn't help.
½ April 8, 2012
You think you've escaped from your abusive husband by accidently killing him, then you're stuck with his ghost still abusing you...scary. The fight scene between the husband and her young lover was brutal.
February 24, 2012
Horribly written. Terrible special affects. I give this movie 2 stars ONLY because a 21 year old dude totally makes tension and then sleeps with 43 year old Famke Janssen. Which is kudos to him. But then he gets killed horribly. And the rest of the movie is awful.
½ February 23, 2012
Reading the back of the case for 100 Feet gave me real hope that this movie would scare the pants off of me. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. While there are definetly some moments that made me jump and/or feel on-edge, there were just too many moments that had me shaking my head. Most of them being when the actual ghost is introduced and shown. As for Famke Janssen, she held the movie together well and showed that she could carry a movie. I just wish she had more to work with.
½ February 11, 2012
At first it seems as if it'll at least be worth watching for a few scares, but the stupidity builds and builds until it's completely intolerable. Then it becomes so stupid that it couldn't possibly get any worse. Then it gets stupider.