100 Feet Reviews

bbcfloridabound
July 20, 2011
This film was shown at Screamfest 2008. One of the best horror films I have seen in a long time. Famke Janssen is over the top as a cop killer (her Husband) who is under house arrest. And he has come back for more revenge. Just over all excellent scary movie. Especially for you ladies living alone. 5 Stars.
3niR
July 26, 2010
You got 9 lives what do you care...

The first appearance of the ghost Mike Watson (Michael Pare) made me jumped. Can you beat a ghost with a baseball bat? I laughed when Marnie Watson (Famke Janssen) was doing that. I thought ghosts were transparent. And how come people are making love when there is a ghost in a house? Yes, yes I forgot this is a Hollywood movie where you can't call it a movie unless there are some sex scenes in it. No matter how crap the movie is, people will still like some parts like that (well it's the concept of the film industry I guess). And the ending was pretty horrible.
thefog1331
May 18, 2009
Slightly above average ghost story that other than one rather painfully gory scene could probably pass for a Lifetime Channel movie.
Disappointing coming from Eric Red who gave us Near Dark, the original The Hitcher and Body Parts but it's still more entertaining than that J-horror remake stuff.
puffchunk
May 13, 2009
Besides the fact that it wasn't at all scary, and the the ending was one of the cheesiest things I've even seen a big star like Famke Janssen associate with, it could have been worse. To be honest, the beginning of the movie was pretty promising if it had stayed NOT a horror movie. The prospect of a beautiful woman stuck in her house for a year had all kinds of promise. Then 'scary' stuff started happening, which ultimately failed. The only cool things I can say about that are the fact that she was so badass about not being a little wuss about it. Most heroines in distress in this situation would have freaked out the whole time, but she was standing up to the ghost which was refreshing. The only other cool part is the brutal beating of her grocery-boy lover.
½ January 14, 2009
Nice little horror film here from the man who wrote the hitcher way back 1986.Few good scare and one gross out sence and a well rounded movie with a fine performance from Famke janssen who had to carry the movie on her own.Worth cheaking out!!!
LorenzoVonMatterhorn
½ December 7, 2008
"Till Death Do Us Part Wasn't Enough"

A young woman, Marnie Watson, is granted early release from her prison sentence for manslaughter (killing her husband - a violent NYC cop - in self defense) on condition she wear an electronic ankle bracelet and remain within her home, effectively under house arrest, for the remainder of her sentence. Her late husband's partner keeps tabs on her from a patrol car parked across the street, hoping she'll violate probation and he can send her back to prison. But the 100-foot radius her ankle bracelet allows isn't the worst of her problems. Her dead husband --now a malevolent ghost--is still in the house, where he died -- intent on savage revenge.

Review
The movie had potential but as it goes on and the story unfolds, it tends to be a bit tiresome and the scares and the chills just wasn't there. The supposed ghost of the husband of Famke's character, Marnie didn't deliver the thrills. I've seen much more scarier things in real life than a CGI concocted vague image of some rotten dude trying to kill his wife. Another thing that seemed a bit odd was the premise of a ghost that can physically hurt and in Ed Westwick's case, kill a human being. Now, I'm not into the whole supernatural thing but I'm pretty sure ghosts can't do that. They're dead, they can't kill people when they're dead, that's just silly. Famke Janssen, from a big-budgeted film X-Men playing an iconic comic book character has been reduced to playing battered housewives in low budgeted horror movies. Such a shame really.
June 9, 2011
A nice little horror film that made me think twice about killing my loved one.
August Seria
January 25, 2012
Besides the fact that it is truly a scary movie, and holds one of the most brutal deaths I've seen. I guess what really makes this a great horror is Famke Janssen's stellar performance as the ex-convict battered wife.
September 25, 2011
Wow...this was really not good. It's no longer scary if you show the ghost of the abusive ex-husband as some wavy cartoon image with a red face.
whosinthenews
½ October 6, 2009
Your run of the mill "white people see dead people" movie...this ones claim to fame though, I think, is that it's the first ever to feature an exploding ghost. That's right. It also has one of the best on screen mutilations I've seen in a while. Marnie's deceased husband twists up her boy toy like a pretzel and then turns him into a slab of beef.
If you're a fan of guys who look like the guy from Twilight, or exploding ghosts, then I highly recommend this! If not, I highly recommend keeping "100 feet" away! GET IT!?
PC79
August 20, 2009
I thought it was a great haunting story.
John2223
October 4, 2008
Reasons for avoiding this movies:
-Good premise but bad execution.
-A thriller that doesnīt thrill.
-Horror that doesnīt scare.
-No tension.
-A unconvincing drama.
-A pathetic cop with bad acting.
-Horrible ending.
-The trailer is very much better than the movie. Donīt bite the decoy.
-Completely disapointing.

Reasons to see it:
-If you want to waste 1 hour and 36 minutes of your life.
½ February 23, 2012
Reading the back of the case for 100 Feet gave me real hope that this movie would scare the pants off of me. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed. While there are definetly some moments that made me jump and/or feel on-edge, there were just too many moments that had me shaking my head. Most of them being when the actual ghost is introduced and shown. As for Famke Janssen, she held the movie together well and showed that she could carry a movie. I just wish she had more to work with.
March 9, 2011
Slightly above average. A little slow unfolding the story, but worth it. It isn't something you would watch over and over again, but something to see if you're bored.
½ December 30, 2010
Was flipping through channels and saw Famke Janssen so figured I'd stick around and give it a try, especially since it had just started. I usually have a strong dislike of "jumpy" movies and the reviews I quickly checked when I first started watching all reported that it was quite jumpy. Dunno why, but I really didn't jump at all during the movie, although I could see where they were trying for that effect. But that was a good thing for me since I could actually enjoy the movie.
½ November 10, 2010
SCREAM OUT LOUD SCARY... I was completely horrified many times during this movie. 100 feet wasn't a constant scare, but my anxiety level was through the roof throughout the entire movie. Basically a battered widow is haunted by her murdered husband's ghost, and this ghost is on a ghostly rampage. This movie isn't going to win an Oscars, but its awesome nonetheless.
August 31, 2010
The best part of this movie is...? Well, I am sure there was something good about it, but I just can't think of what it might have been.
½ February 6, 2010
from Ghosthouse studios Femke?s character is brought back from jail & put on house arrest after killing her husband who was an abusive basterd. Being a cop all the complaints she called in were only ?investigated? & he got away with it in a way. The ?Ghost? when he?d show was kinda scarry I actually jumped once or twice. Really not sure what I think of it though I think the abused wife bit in movies is getting quite old. Otherwise I think maybe a C
February 4, 2010
Not to bad. The special effects were cheesy at times but there is one particular scene were the effects were incredible! If you've seen the movie you probably know which part I am talking about.
½ November 19, 2009
Famke Janssen stars as Marty, who's parolled on house arrest for the murder of her husband after serving a few years, guess who's ghost is still around waiting for some supernatural type revenge? Bobby Canavale, who was awesome in The Station Agent, plays the detevtive charged with making sure she does as she's meant to. A taut horror film with some cliches, sure, but a lot of energy and a sense of dread plus two strong performances from the leads, and a few smart things from the script make this much more unique.