100 Rifles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

100 Rifles Reviews

½ January 15, 2014
The film makes a little sense but a lot of amusing noise--Revolution okay!!
January 5, 2014
Great Spaghetti styled western from the late sixities.
½ July 14, 2013
I saw this movie when I was 18, and it was lousy then. Can't imagine it has gotten any better with time. Don't waste yours.
April 27, 2013
One of the great cowboy movies.
April 19, 2013
A guilty pleasure of mine because it's always nice to see Raquel Welch. Jim Brown and Burt Reynolds are good to and there is plenty of action set to a great score by Jerry Goldsmith.
November 17, 2012
Good ole fashioned late 60's western
½ November 9, 2012
If you like to see men Hanging, Loose Women, Firing Squad Executions, and nice pictures of Burt Reynolds, this is your movie.
September 13, 2012
This was a pretty good film in the western genre, i think. The acting is well done by Jim Brown, the gorgeous and lovely Raquel Welch is very good in the movie, brave and heroic and like always, the most beautiful woman ever. Hats off to Jim and Raquel! Especially Raquel.
August 15, 2012
Decent enough action-drama, set in Mexico in the late-1800s/early-1900s. Good plot, though it runs out of steam towards the end. Direction is solid, though unspectacular.

Good performances Jim Brown and Burt Reynolds. However, Raquel Welch steals the show with her stunning beauty and action-girl character.
January 27, 2012
A wonderful example of that Western sub-genre, the RAQUEL WELCH western,although it is also a fine example of that other sub-genre, the Burt Reynolds western, back from the day when Burt rivalled Clint Eastwood as a up and coming star. There is plenty of action to which Raquel provides great "decoration". The Mexican General appears to come straight from a Dave Allen sketch until you realise this is probably the film that Dave Allen based all those amusing sketches on. It has the "look" of a Spaghetti Western, and indeed although a Hollywood film it was actually shot in Almeria, Spain, like many of those.
January 26, 2012
Very light-hearted western. Jim Brown is not much of an actor, and Lamas overplays his role severely. The rest of the players are adequate. The story has been done numerous times and holds no surprises. Decent gunfights. Welch is scorching hot in this one. Worth a view on a very slow night.
December 8, 2011
i saw this movie as a kid, and as an adult i still loved it.
½ November 16, 2011
Rachel Welch, Burt Reynolds, & Fernando Lamas, that right there is the reason to watch this moderately amusing Western.
November 12, 2011
Entertaining western adventure set in Mexico, shot in Spain, with a foxy Raquel Welch and hundreds of Spaniards with wigs made look like native americans.... worth watching
April 9, 2011
This is an average to good western. I saw the first part of this movie when it came out in a little theater in Kiowa Oklahoma. We were visiting my grandmother that summer and my eleven year old sister and cousin wanted to go to the Friday night movie with the rest of the kids in Kiowa. My parents didn't want two little girls going to the movie by themselves so as the older brother they made me go with them. When we got to the theater it was like a real life scene from the Last Picture Show. My Dad asked the old man who owned the theater what the rating of the movie was and he said he didn't know. He had pushed the rating on the movie poster behind the frame so it couldn't be seen. It turned out it was rated R. However, everyone there was under 17 and the old man didn't want to lose his customers. My sister and my cousin sat up front and I sat by myself in the center of the theater. As the movie started I was starting to enjoy the movie. Raquel Welch was hot. And then they got to the hotel scene with Burt Reynolds with a naked girl. There was just enough nudity to get the R rating. After the scene was over my sister and cousin came sliding down my row and said, "Are you ready to leave?" So I had to get up and walk them back to my grandmother's house. Years later when I was in college I saw the whole movie on TV. Amazingly the nude scene was gone. I finally got to see the uncut version on DVD. I noticed the DVD was rated PG. Turns out that was the only nude scene in the whole movie. The movie is set just before the Mexican Revolution when the Mexican government tried to exterminate the Yaqui Indians. When the Revolution started the Yaqui Indians joined Pancho Villa's army. Fernando Lamas plays the evil Mexican general. The movie has a German Lieutenant character as one of the bad guys. There were German spies in Mexico during the Mexican Revolution but there is no evidence that uniformed German officers participated in the Revolution. It is a fact that the United States went to war with Germany in 1917 more because Germany tried to get Mexico to declare war on the United States than the sinking of American ships by German submarines. President Wilson had sent General Pershing into Mexico to chase Pancho Villa after he attacked Columbus New Mexico in an attempt to steal weapons. Germany sent a telegram to the Mexican government offering to aid them in a war with the United States and to help them reclaim the territory lost in the Mexican War and the Texas Revolution. The writer of this movie was alluding to the American advisors in the early days of the Vietnam War by including a German Advisor to the Mexican army. Although they wanted people to think they were making a statement about the war in Vietnam, the plot of the movie is just a chase through the desert with the Mexican army chasing the rebelling Indians with the 100 rifles Burt Reynolds character "Yaqui Joe" had purchased for them with the money he got from a bank robbery in the United States. James Brown plays an American policeman trying to arrest Burt Reynolds. Raquel Welch is the love interest for Jim Brown and has a lot of sexy scenes. There are a lot of good battle scenes but no really good lines.
February 6, 2011
Tom Gries is an underrated western director and this is a pretty fun film, but it's not as good as some of his better films, such as "Will Penny". This film reminded me of Richard Brooks' "The Professionals", but not as good. What's most fun is watching Burt Reynolds, who was then not more than a TV star, steal the show from the top billed Raquel Welch and Jim Brown.
January 9, 2011
A classic. Also Raquel Welch looks delicious. These want-a-be starlets can learn a lot about femininity and sensuality watching her performance.
½ December 15, 2010
Good western with funny man Burt Reynolds, and uber babe Raquel Welch. Plenty of action and shootouts trough the whole film.
½ September 4, 2010
There was a time, a strange and wonderful time, when Burt Reynolds ruled Hollywood and Jim Brown was in nearly every film that came out. 100 Rifles comes from that. Not a great movie, and not especially original or ground breaking, it's still a lot of fun. Some good, blazing gun battles. A beautiful Raquel Welch. And a pretty good odd couple team of Reynolds and Brown. That and an excellent cast of character actors and beautiful scenery all bring the movie a touch of unexpected quality. If you're in the mood for some westploitation, check this one out.