100 Streets Reviews

• Aug 31, 2020

Enjoyed it for the most part, but the interwoven aspect to each of the characters' stories needed to be a lot tighter. Instead, it wore like a loosely knitted jumper

• Jul 14, 2019

Three people, three extraordinary stories. All lived out within a hundred London streets. Max (Idris Elba), a former rugby captain for Team England and celebrity struggles to keep his marriage together with his estranged wife, Emily (Gemma Arterton). The drug dealer Kingsley (Franz Drameh), who through a chance encounter with an aging actor Terence, finds inspiration to escape his life of petty crime and his disapproving mother. George (Charlie Creed-Miles) is a gentle cab driver looking for the chance to adopt a child and build a family with his long suffering wife, Kathy. How each man deals with his personal challenges reveals also how circumstance, accidental encounters and conscious decisions determine our fate... "100 Streets" is a clichéridden and slightly pretentious piece of film. We get some overacting at times, but I do like Gemma Arterton and Idris Elba, however they don´t manage to fully convice you here. The attempt to create a "Short Stories" with intertwining stories fails as the stories aren´t intriguing enough. And the ending is just not connecting the dots in a satisfying way.

• Mar 16, 2019

Excellent movie with terrific performance by Idris Elba.

Excellent movie with terrific performance by Idris Elba.

• Nov 02, 2018

Love the sound tracks

Love the sound tracks

• Jul 10, 2018

There is neither glamour nor drama in ordinary lives. It's why I watch movies, to escape the tedium of people like this with their ghastly, mundane issues. If I wanted to see people with everyday, boring problems, I'd look in a mirror. Decent cast though.

• Jan 04, 2018

Had to turn on the closed captioning to understand the movie in some parts. To compensate, they should have turned the volume higher for the conversations. While the movie does have tons of potential, it didn't blossom the way I had hoped. Elba's performance was noteworthy, but felt forced at times. Altogether, it had a good message and for that I'd consider it an average movie. It's worth a watch.

• Sep 23, 2017

Good acting couldn't save this bland drama from turning into a complete mess. 100 Streets or A Hundred Streets boasts a decent cast but fails to showcase their talent amidst the chaos of poor writing and painstaking pace.

• Aug 03, 2017

This British urban triptych parable does not reinvent the wheel when it comes to the genre. It doesn't even offer a practical alternative. The name Idris Elba is enough to pull in a wider audience however I have to agree with other writers about this film - the actors feel misplaced in this small scale, TV worthy script - the writing is simply far too weak to pull it to 'cinema' heights. It really does feel like something more worthy of a soap and I feel that Butler is perhaps a fan of Eastenders and Coronation Street. It is therefore surprising that the script was able to garner the attention of some of the UK's bigger stars and that is the only place that this film really shines. Elba is true to form and Arterton is a pleasure to watch but the material is so cliched there were points where I genuinely cringed and the narrative, although complex (to an extent) is so full of holes you could easily fall into one. It feels cheap and messy and overall left me feeling deflated and bored.

• Jun 24, 2017

Sad movie Good acting I enjoyed

Sad movie Good acting I enjoyed

• Jun 04, 2017

Very good story. Very enjoyable film.

Very good story. Very enjoyable film.