Intruder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Intruder Reviews

July 27, 2016
Perfect type of decent 80's cheesy horror and gore
July 15, 2016
With some great gore affects and decent acting it's pretty well-made, which is different for a slasher film of this era.
½ July 4, 2016
Despite throwing in some quirky camerawork to make things interesting, Intruder is still one of those slashers where the dialogue consists of "Who's there?" and "Hello?"
½ May 17, 2016
An under appreciated, unique, and gory slasher. Intruder offers impressive kill design; something that many slashers skip over. A great way to end a decade of innovative horror.
½ March 15, 2016
Maybe more like a 3.25
½ February 25, 2016
Although its budget constraints keep the film from being more than an indie hidden gem, it's atmospheric, creative, and witty, taking appropriate cues from its slasher predecessors, as well as maintaining its own unique quirkiness. It also helps that the cast is terrific.
½ November 18, 2015
Classic slasher flick taking place entirely at a small supermarket. Everyone has received notice that they are losing their jobs, and bodies start piling up.

The kills are done very well, the Raimi's and Bruce Campbell are on the case, as well as Renee Estevez.

This movie is so much fun.
October 18, 2015
Great little horror film.
½ June 28, 2015
Interesting kills, awesome cinematography, a twist ending, and a bunch of Evil Dead stars make this film one of the better slasher movies of the many that flooded the 80's.
January 25, 2015
The movie looks about 10 years old than it actually is and has a painfully obvious plot twist.
December 4, 2014
One of my favorite 80s slashers! Great kills with lots of guts and gore, unique POV shots, and an amazing performance by Danny Hicks who's character is just crazy about the store!
November 1, 2014
This really is a quality low budget slasher and up there with the best of them. Some really gory, f**ked up kills and some nice dark humour. Lucky enough for me I managed to avoid some of the posters, VHS and DVD covers which ruin the film. Some right mong in charge of marketing and surely got their P45 straight after.
August 28, 2014
One of my favorite little cult horror films. Bloody disgusting and twisted to the core, with appearances from Sam/Ted Raimi, Bruce Campbell and a thrilling performance from Dan Hicks. This is my dream come true and I recommend it to any horror fan.
July 16, 2014
Intruder is a slightly above average slasher film. It takes place in a grocery store at night and a killer is on the loose taking out the night crew one by one. I use to work in a grocery store at night stocking shelves so I love the concept. It basically delivers on every level by having really creative kills by using cool objects and machinery you would find in a grocery store. The ending although predictable in some ways is also pretty cool.
May 30, 2014
Terrible movie! I really regret watching it, just because of how bad it's whole story was but also because of how horrible the acting was. I even thought the deaths would be more credible looking, but they looked very fake compared to other movies that came out years earlier, and also it was anti-climatic from beginning to end. I really don't have anything positive to say, aside that it had Sam Raimi, and Bruce Campbell in a cameo, but that's not the point of the movie.
April 10, 2014
To begin with, Bruce Campbel only shows up at the very ending, so thats just a crappy way to tell people to watch the movie. Now, the movie is fairly dull, it has some very crappy acting at times, it ussually feels disjointed and bizzarre in the way that I wasnt sure what the movie was really going for for most of the time, and pretty much everything else that could make a good and enjoyable movie isnt there or its just not well developed. The movie has some good ideas, great violence (for the time at least) but it just felt very dissapointing as more than a slasher that went a little too far with the violence.
February 6, 2014
Slooooooooooow and boring
½ January 10, 2014
"THE SUPERMARKET SLASHER"

- One of the most uncredited slasher films in the 80's is 'Intruder' from 1989. It was overwhelmed by the 'Halloween' and 'Friday the 13th' franchise. The original title 'The Night Crew' was changed to 'Intruder' to make it more appealing in the world of horror cinema. I like the setting; the entire movie takes place in a supermarket after closing time. The amount of gore is in my opinion unnecessary because there's enough thrilling tension created by the dark area where the killer is watching his victims. I also like the way some of the shots have been taken; from a shopping cart and even a glass jar. Big names on the poster are Sam Raimi (director of Evil Dead and Spiderman) and Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead), although their roles are very small. Cereals: aisle 5. Blood and guts: aisle 6.

Supermarket cashier Jennifer is not having a good day: after her ex-boyfriend Craig came in the store starting a fight with her and some of her colleagues, she also had to hear that she and the rest of the staff will be out of a job because the owners are going to sell the supermarket at the end of the month. While the managers are doing the paperwork in the office upstairs, the employees are assigned to tag all products in stock at half price. During the night, a unseen person lurks around in the dark, waiting to kill the people one by one. Who will survive the night?
January 9, 2014
Scott Spiegel keeps it funny and quirky, even when the cast is getting hacked to pieces.
½ January 8, 2014
A very solid slasher film. Would be 4 stars, but I really did not like the ending, despite the Bruce Campbell cameo.