Invaders from Mars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Invaders from Mars Reviews

March 20, 2016
I first saw this movie as a child when it came out. More than 60 years later, I still remember it, get shivers when I think of the ending, and would like to see it again. That kind of "staying power" is what I think makes it a good movie. Few movies make it to my repeat viewing list.
November 16, 2015
Silly juvenile sci-fi propaganda. Started well, but in the second act everything going wrong.
½ October 13, 2015
Seen through the eyes of a little boy, seen from his very back window, the insidious Martians come to conquer, even controlling Mom and Dad! Its a fun adventure with some few thrills seen through that perspective, the point of view of a bored kid looking through his back window, suddenly the only one knowing about the plans to conquer the planet. The only one to stand against the plan that might well succeed. Me likey. But it is a kid's movie.
October 8, 2015
good sci-fi aliens yarn
½ November 3, 2014
A lower budgeted version of War of the worlds. I personally liked this movie, but i have to admitted that certain things are cheesy. Such as the color which is dark and rather cheap. Also the alien effects. Nothing special, basic aliens. Overall this is another classic alien invasion movie and is very interesting and fun.
August 21, 2014
Saw this movie on Saturday night "Chiller" when I was about 6 years old, scared the crap out-of-me!
April 29, 2014
Great film. Good story.
½ December 31, 2013
One of the original and classic sci-fi B movies, very dated now, but quite impressive for its age.
Many comparisons can be made to Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, which I feel is one of the best science fiction thrillers of all time.
August 6, 2013
Directed by William Cameron Menzies (The Green Cockatoo (1937), Address Unknown (1944) and The Whip Hand (1951)), produced by Edward L. Alperson (Irma la Douce (1963)) and adapted from a short story by John Tucker Battle. This is a sparse, low-budget sci-fi film which manages to be compelling and entertaining, as well as looking eerie. Despite being made on a shoestring, it does quite a lot with very little. One night, David MacLean (Jimmy Hunt) spots flying saucers land on Earth during a thunderstorm, his father George (Leif Erickson) goes out to investigate, and is sucked into the ground, and re-emerges as a hostile man, with a puncture on the back of his neck, and the same thing happens to his mother Mary (Hillary Brooke). David goes to the police station, where local physician Dr. Pat Blake (Helena Carter), who notices the coldness of David's parents, and she takes him to astronomer Dr. Stuart Kelston (Arthur Franz), who try to get to the bottom of what's really going on, and it's starting to take over their town, and they soon find the martians that have caused this. It's a very silly film, but it's one that manages to be endearing enough, as it's the sort of sci-fi film you just don't get now. Low budget, done with a very vivid, odd colour tone, and it managed to help spawn films like The War of the Worlds (1953) and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956).
½ July 30, 2013
Una película que vi de niño y que me trae muy buenos recuerdos, pero que no es nada del otro jueves. No recordaba yo que los alienígenas fueran tan sumamente cutres :-)
½ May 8, 2013
Scared me as a lad......still does! I steer clear of sandpits. the weird music the evil grin on the little girl turned Martian tool !!Great stuff
½ April 23, 2013
A classic science fiction tale about a boy who discovers a crashed UFO and nobody believes him.Later on in the film the Aliens attempt to take over the town where he lives!
½ April 12, 2013
This is a fine low budget movie with plenty of cult value, and the effects and atmosphere created for a mid-20th century production are pretty good. The story has elements of The Body Snatchers and can easily be seen as a statement on the US Russian arms race of the time.
April 11, 2013
This is a fantastic film,it's great in every way, You couldn't remake this if you tried,The cast is great, the sets are fantastic, and the lead child is great, enjoy this classic
March 24, 2013
Worth it for the fabulous first half hour alone, but the movie is definitely a case of rose tinted glasses looking back to childhood. The last two thirds of the film are an army and alien runaround even though the caverns look good.
February 17, 2013
I think I preferred the remake.
January 12, 2013
An entertaining B-movie.
½ December 19, 2012
A classic of science fiction as well as the first alien invasion film to be made in color.
The direction, writing, and editing are superb, and the slightly oversized sets, bright colors, and unusual camera angles create the illusion of viewing the world through the eyes of a child. The film has a delightfully disturbing and surreal quality, and its only flaws are the low budget and overuse of stock footage. This film gave me nightmares as a child, and is one of my favorite science fiction movies.
Two opposable appendages up!
November 1, 2012
I LOVE this cult classic sci-fi flick! I bought it recently too. Look out for June Cleaver--from Leave it to Beaver's mom! Its a small part and you might miss it!
½ October 27, 2012
A boy finds Martians are taking over the minds of locals. Very dated. Police actually lock up the youngster in a prison cell after telling his story. I liked how the mild mannered Dad became very rude to his wife and son under Martian control.