It's a Wonderful Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Wonderful Life Reviews

½ June 28, 2017
This feel-good, warmhearted movie would leave a whiff of it on everybody. It leaves a moral on how each one of us should acquit oneself during times of despondency, and act in brio. This mellow movie is both a triumph for Frank Capra and American cinema making it one of the timeless classics.
½ June 26, 2017
A classic Christmas tale! :) Quite similar to A Christmas Carol from Charles Dickens and equally moving...Fantastic :D
June 5, 2017
A great Christmas movie. I've been watching it every night for the past few nights just because it's that good. Made in 1946, it really gives you a feel of the 40s. Some reviews say it's corny, but it's a damned good movie for Christ's birthday!
May 28, 2017
I have seen this movie over a dozen times and it never seems to get old!
May 24, 2017
best movie ever made
May 15, 2017
A gripping, heartfelt, gut-wrenching, honest, eye-opening and uplifting gem that captures the essence of the human spirit in all of its vulnerability and wraps it in lovely, relevant flashbacks that tie to the exposition's conflict: a beleaguered businessmen who reflects back on his life through pre WWI all the way through WWII and how The Stock Market Crash of '29 and the Great Depression forever transformed his life along with the unconditional love and support of a loving wife. Everything comes to a head one wintry Christmas night as George Bailey is left to reflect on his choices and what they have meant. With the help of a capricious, verbose angel he may just discover the greatest gift we bring is that of ourselves. Definitely sentimental, definitely trans-formative, and definitely a masterpiece! Never corrodes with age... timeless and relevant... truly breathtaking!
April 30, 2017
Capra's masterpiece is sometimes accused of being overly sentimental, but to me it is an inspirational tour-de-force and an acted out parable of wisdom, sort of a Psalm 1 or Proverb that balances out the myth of the American Dream. Few films are shown more often over the years and as beloved by so many generations. Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed are vigorous and captivating. Whether they play young high-schoolers falling in love or middle-aged parents they somehow pull it off. Henry Travers (Clarence) will be forever beloved because of this charming role. The film also sticks with me because it was the theme of a party my wife threw for me celebrating 20 years in ministry. "No man is a failure who has friends."
April 16, 2017
Bowled over by its brilliance. Every scene gobsmackingly spot on. Potter is one of cinema's great unknown villains. Donna Reed deserved to be as big a name as her male opposite, James Stewart. I felt for the characters. Capra's skill as well as anyone else's. It's also considered a great film, so it can only improve with each viewing. Aces.
February 20, 2017
Should be required viewing for anyone. Incredibly uplifting film.
February 18, 2017
This is definitely my favourite movie of all time! The story is so beautiful and so well acted, it's impossible not to feel touched by its powerful massage! It represents a type of movie Hollywood simply doesn't do anymore, both because it wouldn't feel right and because there's no need: it's been done and it's been done perfectly.
February 10, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time. The scene where he comes home knowing he's about to lose it all and then loses it on his family. A scene most of us can relate to. The family stuck together and supported a truly genuine man.
January 28, 2017
Filled with upbeat comedy, well-directed drama, and powerful emotion, It's A Wonderful Life is a cinematic masterpiece that makes a bold statement about the things that make life truly wonderful.
½ January 24, 2017
A way too sentimentla and sugar coated christmas film.
½ January 14, 2017
one of the best themes and morals ever in a movie
January 1, 2017
GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME
January 1, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever ??????
½ December 29, 2016
A bit outdated by today's social standards, but George is just so dang admirable.
December 29, 2016
One of my all time faves, anyone that doesn't like this film are defo the type I give a miss hahaha
December 29, 2016
inspiring and heartwarning - Frank Capra has yet again delivered his signature style of filmaking that celebrates and fervently reminds of life's simple moral values without the cloying sentimentality of Hollywood cliches.