It's a Wonderful Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Wonderful Life Reviews

½ January 14, 2017
one of the best themes and morals ever in a movie
January 1, 2017
GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME
January 1, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever ??????
½ December 29, 2016
A bit outdated by today's social standards, but George is just so dang admirable.
December 29, 2016
One of my all time faves, anyone that doesn't like this film are defo the type I give a miss hahaha
December 29, 2016
inspiring and heartwarning - Frank Capra has yet again delivered his signature style of filmaking that celebrates and fervently reminds of life's simple moral values without the cloying sentimentality of Hollywood cliches.
December 28, 2016
Bowled over by its brilliance. Every scene gobsmackingly spot on. Potter is one of cinema's great unknown villains. Donna Reed deserved to be as big a name as her male opposite, James Stewart. I felt for the characters. Capra's skill as well as anyone else's. It's also considered a great film, so it can only improve with each viewing. Aces.
December 26, 2016
The main character is really kind of annoying - especially when he refuses endlessly to believe that Clarence is an angel. It needs to trim half an hour off. But the story itself is good - just the execution is a bit dragged out.
December 26, 2016
Watched this as a child and moved me to tears. Always has the same heart warming effect ...
December 26, 2016
I had the great pleasure of seeing this in the theater last year. The audience was comprised of people age 6-89! Throughout the entire film, the audience responded with laughter, tears - complete attention. The audience clapped at the end. This is truly a timeless masterpiece for all ages and all demographics to enjoy.
December 26, 2016
Featuring an outstanding performance by James Stewart, and a great moral message, It's a Wonderful Life is an absolutely heartwarming and timeless film. Not only possibly the greatest Christmas movie ever made, but one of the greatest movies ever made.
½ December 25, 2016
I feel like Phoebe from that episode of friends: It just kept getting worse and worse, it should have been called, "It's a sucky life and just when you think it can't suck any more it does."
The ending was cutsie but overall it was pretty boring. George left his dreams to work for a shitty job at a shitty town. I know it was to help the people but he could be selfless while travelling the world.
½ December 25, 2016
Sentimental to a fault, it still features exceptional writing and an outstanding performance from Jimmy Stewart. It's a Wonderful Life is a holiday classic for a reason.
December 25, 2016
My favorite movie of all time so wonderful and the best message ever !! ??????
½ December 24, 2016
And it made to the top 3 feel-good, Xmas anthem movie. The final beats, by far, the slow begginingg
December 24, 2016
Brilliant Christmas movie!!??
December 23, 2016
One of the best Christmas movies of all time. 10/10
December 23, 2016
It is a wonderful life. For the last 10 minutes of the film and a few moments scattered in the middle of it. Capra does so well to create so many characters that you care about so deeply. This means that their pain is your pain, watching this movie really hurts but it's all worth it for George's epiphany at the end. As he learns to value life more I feel that I did too and that's the highest praise I can give this film.
December 21, 2016
A Christmas movie that could have been corny, but with a life-reaffirming story and good acting, it wasn't and continues not to be so.