It's a Wonderful Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Wonderful Life Reviews

February 20, 2017
Should be required viewing for anyone. Incredibly uplifting film.
February 18, 2017
This is definitely my favourite movie of all time! The story is so beautiful and so well acted, it's impossible not to feel touched by its powerful massage! It represents a type of movie Hollywood simply doesn't do anymore, both because it wouldn't feel right and because there's no need: it's been done and it's been done perfectly.
February 14, 2017
One of my favorites: spiritual, profound, original, positive, high sense of art. It focuses on the middle class, the family and the importance of each person in society. Besides, it shows how to celebrate christmas, a celebration becoming more universal, in the best way possible: with charity, joy and spiritual conversion. Its final scene leaves an impression in the mellancholic soul
February 10, 2017
One of my favorite movies of all time. The scene where he comes home knowing he's about to lose it all and then loses it on his family. A scene most of us can relate to. The family stuck together and supported a truly genuine man.
January 28, 2017
Filled with upbeat comedy, well-directed drama, and powerful emotion, It's A Wonderful Life is a cinematic masterpiece that makes a bold statement about the things that make life truly wonderful.
½ January 24, 2017
A way too sentimentla and sugar coated christmas film.
½ January 14, 2017
one of the best themes and morals ever in a movie
January 1, 2017
GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME
January 1, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever ??????
½ December 29, 2016
A bit outdated by today's social standards, but George is just so dang admirable.
December 29, 2016
One of my all time faves, anyone that doesn't like this film are defo the type I give a miss hahaha
December 29, 2016
inspiring and heartwarning - Frank Capra has yet again delivered his signature style of filmaking that celebrates and fervently reminds of life's simple moral values without the cloying sentimentality of Hollywood cliches.
December 28, 2016
Bowled over by its brilliance. Every scene gobsmackingly spot on. Potter is one of cinema's great unknown villains. Donna Reed deserved to be as big a name as her male opposite, James Stewart. I felt for the characters. Capra's skill as well as anyone else's. It's also considered a great film, so it can only improve with each viewing. Aces.
December 26, 2016
The main character is really kind of annoying - especially when he refuses endlessly to believe that Clarence is an angel. It needs to trim half an hour off. But the story itself is good - just the execution is a bit dragged out.
December 26, 2016
Watched this as a child and moved me to tears. Always has the same heart warming effect ...
December 26, 2016
I had the great pleasure of seeing this in the theater last year. The audience was comprised of people age 6-89! Throughout the entire film, the audience responded with laughter, tears - complete attention. The audience clapped at the end. This is truly a timeless masterpiece for all ages and all demographics to enjoy.
December 26, 2016
Featuring an outstanding performance by James Stewart, and a great moral message, It's a Wonderful Life is an absolutely heartwarming and timeless film. Not only possibly the greatest Christmas movie ever made, but one of the greatest movies ever made.
½ December 25, 2016
I feel like Phoebe from that episode of friends: It just kept getting worse and worse, it should have been called, "It's a sucky life and just when you think it can't suck any more it does."
The ending was cutsie but overall it was pretty boring. George left his dreams to work for a shitty job at a shitty town. I know it was to help the people but he could be selfless while travelling the world.
½ December 25, 2016
Sentimental to a fault, it still features exceptional writing and an outstanding performance from Jimmy Stewart. It's a Wonderful Life is a holiday classic for a reason.