Ivanhoe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ivanhoe Reviews

February 14, 2016
Rather mediocre performance and the plot ocuses more on Brian-Rebecca than Ivanhoe himself, but the actress playing Rebecca radiated class, beauty with personality, perfect casting & great execution.
½ January 18, 2015
I've never read the original novel upon which the film is based, but I have some idea of what it was about. From what I've heard, it was a novel that took you back to days of castles, knights and kings, and that's exactly what this made-for-TV epic does. Ivanhoe also proves that not all made-for-TV films are dubious in quality. In fact, despite its fairly bloated runtime, the film proves to be an engaging medieval tale, even if it has a habit of glossing over some of the grimmer realities of medieval life. The biggest strength of this film is its engaging performances, delivered by a cast of talented actors. The film also provides a convincing atmosphere, which is bolstered by the set pieces, the music, and the fairly well-aged visuals. In my opinion, it's a very engaging film that lures you in very good performances, a very good medieval atmosphere, and a rather compelling story. At times, it felt like it really was a medieval fantasy coming alive, and that's always the mark of a good movie.
July 2, 2012
One of the best movies that tell about the history of noble English knights.
½ April 15, 2012
Nicely done and entertaining.
October 29, 2010
Classic, watch it almost every new year's day on TV.
October 23, 2010
Classic, watch it almost every new year's day on TV.
½ June 29, 2010
An extremely dated tv production remake of Walter Scott`s "Ivanhoe". the most memorable about this film has to be the stunningly beautiful Olivia Hussey.
June 7, 2010
Having known absolutely nothing about the story of Ivanhoe prior to seeing this film, I was captivated by the story. I like that it was developed at a moderate pace so that you weren't struggling to to up with the plotline. Olivia Hussey was wonderful as Rebecca. I had only seen her in "Romeo and Juliet", so it was interesting to see her in another period piece. This is probably going to be the standard that I'll compare all of the other Ivanhoe movie versions to - definitely worth seeing if you like medieval films.
April 27, 2010
Haven't seen the film yet...
April 17, 2010
This is a remake of Walter Scott's Ivanhoe. Ivanhoe, a worthy and noble knight, the champion of justice returns to England after the holy wars.
February 9, 2010
Nyårsdagen varje år och jag menar varje år! :)
December 10, 2009
Wonderful tale of chivalry and great historical recreation of 12th century England under Prince John while his brother Richard fights the crusades, with much attention paid to the Norman/Saxon political and racial tensions of the time; most powerful of all, however, is the poignant and tragic love interest(s) doomed by religious differences...
½ August 7, 2009
The costumes and sets are fantastic.
August 2, 2009
ok version of this but i still like the elizabeth taylor version
May 7, 2009
I didn't really like it
March 13, 2009
It has got knights. In armour. And then they fight with swords and stuff. Heck, even the love story is ok.
January 15, 2009
A new years day classic!!!
½ January 15, 2009
A classic every new year´s day!
January 1, 2009
Classic TV-movie on New Year's Day in Sweden about brave knights and fair maidens, pride and prejudice.
½ December 16, 2008
I absolutely love this film :D