Jack Frost Reviews

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Feb 03, 2020

From Rankin/Bass comes the animated holiday special Jack Frost. Famed groundhog Pardon-Me-Pete recounts the tale of how he met Jack Frost one fateful Groundhog Day and the time that Jack attempted to become human. Narrated by Buddy Hackett, the film has a strong cast that features several Rankin/Bass regulars. And as usual, the animation and character designs are especially well-done. Additionally, the songs, such as "Jack Frost is Here" and "Just What I Always Wanted," are charming and whimsical. Entertaining and fun, Jack Frost is another solid entry in the Rankin/Bass catalog.

• Jan 17, 2020

Dude ummmm you're wrong. Kubla Kraus is one of the best Rankin/Bass villains ever.

• Dec 24, 2018

Interesting take on the background to the elemental spirit of Jack Frost in this classic claymation like many others from the 1970s. One of the lesser known Christmas Claymations, but one worth watching at least once.

• Dec 07, 2018

Jack Frost has unremarkable animation, some of the worst songs that Rankin-Bass has produced, and a main character so poorly casted that it makes this one of the dullest Christmas specials of all time.

• Dec 02, 2016

I can only imagine Jack Frost as a human!

I can only imagine Jack Frost as a human!

• Jul 22, 2014

Song stylings by Buddy Hackett (-10%).

Song stylings by Buddy Hackett (-10%).

• Nov 06, 2013

couldnt be a better christmas flick for kids all the rankin n bass christmas films are great loved them as a kids and always will

• Dec 25, 2012

Wow, I watched this movie with my entire family and everybody hated it, even my seven-year-old nephew. Next to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," this movie isn't very well known and that's exactly how it should be.

• Dec 12, 2012

A house, a horse, some gold, and a wife: everything you need to be human. :p An old favorite of mine.

• Dec 26, 2011