Jesus Christ Superstar Reviews

• Sep 27, 2019

My favorite of all. And by a margin.

My favorite of all. And by a margin.

• Sep 10, 2019

(a polite aside to RT) Are you insane!!! Seriously, are you insane or just deaf and blind?!!! How the heck does anyone rate the original JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR as a 55?!!! It is and always will be an iconic masterpiece! Cast, music, everything, total perfection and will never be recreated, now matter how many versions Andrew Loyd Webber (Bless him for trying) offers us.

• Jun 21, 2019

Too much singing, I wouldn't mind of the songs were at least worth listening to.

• Apr 21, 2019

I love this movie man jesus's vocal range is out of this world!!!!

I love this movie man jesus's vocal range is out of this world!!!!

• Apr 19, 2019

A masterpiece - the acting, the way the story is delivered, the music. Very well done and very moving.

• Apr 10, 2019

Fantastic rendition of the story of Jesus Christ. Amazing singing and stage design makes it almost feel like a modern art exhibit

• Mar 24, 2019

A remarkable movie. Strong classic rock musical score, but an authentic vision of early 70s fashion and identity. The movie doesnt take itself too seriously, its not trying to evangelize or criticize. It is the interpretation of a bunch of kids from the early 70s, exploring the culture and traditions handed down to them. They reenact the crucifixirion story in authentic locations, but try to bring their culture and authentic questions with it. Great throwback film, great music, great experience.

• Feb 05, 2019

JCS is a great rock opera with a very dated 70's sound - but it is still an amazing musical that said. Whatever flaws this film may have, seeing the performances of Ted Neeley and Carl Anderson more than make up for them. Norman Jewison does a masterful job directing the epic film.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best inspiring movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: I Don't Know How to Love Him!

• Dec 19, 2018

This 70's modern adaptation of Jesus's last days on earth is one of the best films to portray it. The voices of Carl Anderson and Ted Neely drive the films narrative and the idea of modernizing the story to the 70's makes the movie its own and not a copy of the many others who have done the same.