Joan of Arc - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Joan of Arc Reviews

January 27, 2009
Great movie! it is such an inspirational movie!!!!
January 1, 2009
As emotionally engaging as history class, but worth it for Ingrid Bergman, who plays the teenage Joan well ... at the ripe old age of 37!
September 21, 2008
This is a great movie
July 14, 2008
nominated for best picture by NBR
July 10, 2008
My favorite version of St. Joan of Arc! Ingrid Bergman is perfect for the role!
June 1, 2008
Ingrid Bergman is the sole reason, and this only reason is enough, for watching this~
½ May 10, 2008
This is of interest to long time Detroit area dwellers. It features a young Bill Kennedy as the executioner who sets Joan on fire. Check near the end of the long opening credits to see his name.
½ March 18, 2008
I didn't like this film.
February 17, 2008
I watched this in my World History class for the first time, and although cheezy, it was very historically acurrate. Love it.
November 14, 2007
This was a great movie starring Ingrid Bergman as Joan of Lorraine. Directed by Victor Fleming of "Gone with the Wind" and "The Wizard of Oz". This film is the winner of 3 academy awards for Best Color Cinematography, Color Costumes and an Honarary award to producer Walter Wanger.
November 2, 2007
Classified as a classic = Interested.
September 12, 2007
Wow. There's neither pastel doe-eyed saint or Xena warrior princess here. Ingrid's Joan is really everything she should be- Haunted and sad, at times exhausted and at times rapturous, at times stern and at times joyful, and at all times deeply devout.

Too bad about the scandal regarding Bergman herself which resulted in boycotts and such. This movie deserved better.
July 26, 2007
it made me shed tears
½ July 18, 2007
One of those TECHNICOLOR oldies where everything is garish. Boring story too and I think Ingrid makes Joan thoroughly unlikeable.
½ July 3, 2007
Victor Fleming succeeds in the battle sequences but fail in the talking scenes where he made clowns of of the characters and made them appear like mere fools. The technical work was very good specially the cinematography. But for my surprise Ingrid Bergman's performance wasn't as high as expectations. And come on Joan of Arc's dialogue must be one of the silliest most stupid ones i've ever heard. Even religious people will get bored from listening over and over again to the word God.
April 19, 2007
A very good movie.Ingrid B. was Joan and she did a great job.
January 9, 2007
Another 'golden era' surprise - Ingrid Bergman in the role of Joan of Arc? Too bad it didn't get the best reviews...
½ November 13, 2006
I think that i saw this one.. I am not sure though.
November 7, 2006
think ive seen this...
½ July 29, 2006
Didn't deserve to be a flop, but is not great enough to be a hit either.