Last Resort - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Last Resort Reviews

October 5, 2016
Stressed Chicago businessman takes his family to a questionable resort on a small island. A good cast does what it can with this material. Better to watch VACATION again instead.
June 13, 2016
Working dad hopes to save some money while on vacation with his wife and kids by staying at a cheap resort. Why such a cheap price? The resort is filled with perverts.
October 27, 2012
Poor comedy about a man who escapes winter and the office by taking the family for an island resort vacation but finds the accomodations seriously lacking. I expected more from Charles Grodin. Watch only as a last resort.
February 10, 2011
June 3, 2010
Last Resort manages to be one of those ultra-rare 80's films that I just cannot fully enjoy. Businessman George Lollar (Charles Grodin in a very bland role) has finally let his stress get the best of him so he abruptly signs up for a vacation to a "Club Sand" resort package and flies his family, consisting of wife Robin Pearson Rose, estranged son Scott Nemes, and whiny daughter Megan Mullally (from Will & Grace in an unrecognizable role...until you hear her voice), out to the secluded vacation spot. It's not long before the family realizes they have taken the vacation from hell as everyone around them seems to be loony, the island is inhabited by a peculiar number of soldiers, not to mention guerrillas. The people at the resort, consisting of a bevy of then-rising talent like Jon Lovitz, Mario Van Peebles, and John Ashton are comical when they do pop up (especially Peebles, who is hilarious in the few small moments he has in this) however they are mostly wasted in this horribly unfunny movie. At barely 80 minutes, I couldn't wait for this to end. We've seen this tried and true plot carried out MUCH better in other 80's films. What a waste of good talent.
March 20, 2010
Charles Grodin is the poor man's Chevy Chase as he takes his family on a hellish summer vacation to a resort located on an island that's primed to be overrun by guerrillas. Has numerous surreal and ridiculous moments, co-stars a young Megan Mullally of Will & Grace Fame as Grodin's daughter, strange to realize she's actually much cuter as she's aged.

Worth a rental.
½ December 5, 2008
I bought this title by mistake, thinking it was another film with the same name. I watched about ten minutes of it before bailing - Charles Grodin keeps his head above water with some funny line readings, but overall it was like watching Cinemax After Dark without the sex. Very low-budget and awkwardly executed.
½ May 16, 2008
This is just so crazy and strange that you've got to love it. Your classic "Roger Corman sexual humor" is back and better than ever.
May 7, 2008
Why you would make a movie without a plot is beyond me.
December 17, 2006
this is my favorite film
September 28, 2006