Legend Reviews

• Jun 26, 2019

So boring, the only good of this movie is the last 15 minutes when lord of darkness appears, the rest 90 minutes is awful.

• Jun 01, 2019

When i was a kid this was the most Amazing fiction movie. It rated up there with Labyrinth.

• Feb 22, 2019

This movie was way better than The Labyrinth. The acting, makeup, sets and practical effects were outstanding! I feel like it was way under appreciated.

• Jan 04, 2019

Ridley Scott makes beautiful movies, this is no exception but he is not always good at getting the best performances from his actors. Tim Curry gives a great performance with great presence and menace. The rest of the actors are saddled with weak dialog. The cinematography and Tim Curry make this movie worth watching at least once.

• Oct 26, 2018

Unique twist on dark vs. light. Exceptional storytelling in the Fantasy genre with every scene taking on dream-like or nightmarish scenes.

• Oct 18, 2018

I have watched this show since my teens. I love the almost magical feeling of the movie. I love the storyline of wanting what we cannot have , the struggle of instant gratification, of how love can blind us, and how easy a bad choice can change the world. The makeup is incredible in this movie (looks like the original trolls from LOR). Tim Curry was incredible and his makeup superb as Lucifer. He creeped me out and intrigue me as a teen. Watching this 33 years later and still love it.

• Oct 13, 2018

Of the Theatrical Release: The problem with LEGEND is simple-that is to say, the fantasy universe of the movie so compelling and overwhelmingly captures the trappings of its generic, mythical antecedents that it suffers by the inevitable comparison, seeming slight and superficial for having boiled down the hero's journey/creation mytheme to its structural essence. In the end, despite how deeply and imaginatively and beautifully realized this fable is in all its details, from the stunning make-up and creature effects to the eery electronic score by Tangerine Dream, the story (mythos, in Greek, mind you) nonetheless remains too stripped down, too black-and-white (whatever the eye-popping color of the actual film), too structural to pull the viewer into its world. All the lovely details, which all work on their own, just never quite add up to much more than scattered flashes of imagination, suggesting a world without ever really building one real enough for these elements to exist within.

• Aug 28, 2018

looks good even now.

looks good even now.

• Aug 11, 2018

scary and wondrous as a kid. creepy and disappointing as an adult.

scary and wondrous as a kid. creepy and disappointing as an adult.

• Aug 09, 2018

One of my favorites! This is one of those films that has multiple cuts and even goes a step further with fully 2 whole, different musical scores! One score is by synth band Tangerine Dream. That was the score heard by audiences in the US in the 80s. The other score is by cinematic legend Jerry Goldsmith. Goldsmith's score is much grander and symphonic. Both scores have their merits. Then there are the runtimes and various cuts. 4 seem to be well known. There's the American theatrical version which is confusingly short and has the Tangerine Dream score. There's the European theatrical version which is a tad longer and has the Goldsmith score. Then there's the British version which is closer to the European cut but has the Tangerine Dream score! And finally there's a very long "Director's Cut" with the Goldsmith score. I think that if more people who experienced the short version were to go back and watch a longer cut or try one of the other scores out, they'd find out how much magic is in this movie. Amazing sets, phenomenal acting from Curry and Sara, intoxicating music (from both scores)-Legend has everything you could want.