Like Father, Like Son - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Father, Like Son Reviews

February 1, 2011
Overall pretty decent Comedy. Dudley Moore acting as a teen was probably the funniest bits.
½ January 3, 2011
Pretty cute story that makes for a good family movie night.
½ December 25, 2010
Released in 1987, this is probably the first movie from the younger guy wakes up in old man's body subgenre, with Big, 18 Again!, and Dream a Little Dream being released in later years. That being said, those who saw it in theaters probably wished it were the first and last of its kind. This film delivers zero laughs or promise. Funny, I have nothing against the cast but this movie failed terribly.
½ November 26, 2010
YEESSSSS this movie sparked my Kirk Cameron obsession hahahah.
September 5, 2010
(* 1/2): Thumbs Down

Not really funny at all. If you want to see a better body switching movie, see Vice Versa with Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage.
July 16, 2010
Made me laugh but mediocre nonetheless
½ June 1, 2010
It's like Freaky Friday, only different.
January 14, 2010
This one came out at the same time as VICE VERSA both had the same premise.Sweet but weak script n acting
January 8, 2010
Not the greatest body swap comedy, but Dudley Moore does revel in his role.
December 1, 2009
How many times are they going to make movies like this. Where a sibling and a parent switch places. Anyways, this would be rated as one of the least popular ones. Dudley Moore as an adult and Kirk Cameron as a kid, pretty good acting. But when they switch; horrible acting. The story itself was not worked out right. A secret formula from a long time ago that can switch people blah blah blah. You could say it is typical. So I can strongly say besides some humorous parts, I did not like this film.
½ November 29, 2009
I think this is the 1st of the "body switching" movies and had a better screenplay than its copy(Vice Versa) released a year later. I did like both but this one is a bit better. Oh yeah... the original Freaky Friday came out 1st. Nevermind.
November 27, 2009
Another piece of trash brought to you by banana man's sidekick, kirk Cameron.
½ October 30, 2009
funny love to see it
May 15, 2009
Title is appropriate, in that both men are unfunny. One of the first of many underwhelming late-80s child-parent switcheroo comedies. For a better example of this sort of thing, check out the underrated "Vice Versa" with Judge Reinhold and Fred Savage.
April 25, 2009
Um............very very very strange....NOWAY!
April 22, 2009
One of the better "body-switching" movie. Simple, funny and well casted. I was a victim of its charm. I must have rewound that part with "Wild Side" song at the end, a dozen times. Cheese-a-rific!
½ March 16, 2009
How many times are they going to make movies like this. Where a sibiling and a parent switch places. Anyways, this would be rated as one of the least popular ones. Dudley Moore as an adult and Kirk Cameron as a kid, pretty good acting. But when they switch; horrible acting. The story itself was not worked out right. A secret formula from a long time ago that can switch people blah blah blah. You could say it is typical. So I can strongly say besides some humorous parts, I did not like this film.
½ March 8, 2009
I forgot how much I enjoyed this movie. Then I bought it on DVD 20 years later, and realized... WAIT A MINUTE, THIS FILM REALLY SUCKS!! A poor showcase for the comic genius of Dudley Moore (RIP).
November 22, 2008
Funny but it's been done before
November 1, 2008
The 80's were filled with comedies about switching bodies and aside from All of Me, none of them were very good. The unfunny trend continues with Dudley Moore switching bodies with his son, Kirk Cameron, after drinking some funky sauce. Kirk Cameron proved that he couldn't even hold a movie together, let alone a Dudley Moore movie. It's supposed to be hilarity as Dudley's doctor mind is all in Kirk Cameron's body and who would take a kid doctor serious? That's the humor and it sucks.