The Little Drummer Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Little Drummer Boy Reviews

December 22, 2008
Not my favorite, but still fun to watch.
½ December 14, 2008
This is a great movie to watch during Christmas, because it brings out the true meaning of Christmas. Once again I don't know if this is even considered a movie, because its so short. Anyways though, its a great thing to watch! Sweet song too :)
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
½ December 16, 2007
very cute movie... has a great story!
½ December 3, 2007
A beautiful classic! I love this! I watch it every year. It's such a sweet movie.
November 2, 2007
A Christmas classic and my favourite carol.
June 17, 2007
this one is little known by most people I know but it is interesting nonetheless, yet rarely seen these days
June 6, 2007
I love watching this at christmas
½ May 11, 2007
rumpa bum bum
rumpa bum bum
½ April 3, 2007
good...family movie...
½ January 20, 2007
my husbands most memorable christmas movie. So I love it too
½ November 22, 2006
Old stylie cartoons.
November 8, 2006
My mom got me loving this one
October 20, 2006
I cried during this way back when I was three... and up until I was... now.
August 30, 2006
awwwwwwww i love the little drummer boy! escpecially the song
August 3, 2006
c une histoire qui ne m'a jamais interessť...
January 16, 2006
'The Little Drummer Boy' is the 1968 classic claymation about a little boy who travels with his pet lamb, donkey and camel. His greatest gift is his drum, which was given to him by his parents before they were murdered, and the little boy has a lot of anger that he has to learn to conquer, and he witnesses a magical event. This is a classic and touching Christmas story that I like to watch every Christmas. It's narrated well, and although the technique is a little bit dated, I still think this film stands the test of time. It's got a nice little, moral story, and it is true to life: bad things happen to good people, but we must smile and get through life the best we can and learn to forgive.

The sequel to 'The Little Drummer Boy' follows Aaron (the drummer boy) with the wise men on a quest to rejoice the birth of Jesus. This time, they are against Roman thieves who make their lives difficult and who end up capturing Aaron and his animals. Although it is a pretty good follow-up to 'The Little Drummer Boy', it lacks the same originality and lessons that the original film has. (This one follows the origins of the song 'I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day'.) I would rate this as a 5/10 as it does go a little bit slow in places, and it seems to lose the plot, but it is still quite good.

Try and catch both of these films next Christmas.