Little Miss Marker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Miss Marker Reviews

March 25, 2016
A gruff bookie adopts a six-year old girl after accepting her as a marker for a desperate gambler. Talk about an odd couple! Although there is plenty of talent here and the little girl is cute enough, she seems incapable of acting with any emotion and comes off as purely robotic; this would be her only role.
½ December 31, 2011
Super cute. Good for the whole family!
½ July 9, 2011
The girl was so cute. It's a delight to see her alongside with the brilliant Walter Matthau. Julie Andrews is awesome, too. Heart-warming...
½ April 24, 2011
Little Miss Marker is a cute film. It is about a gambler who leaves his daughter as a marker for a bet. Walter Matthau and Julie Andrews give great performances. The screenplay is well written. Walter Bernstein did an awesome job directing this movie. I enjoyed this motion picture because of the comedy and romance. Little Miss Marker is a must see.
½ August 16, 2010
I found it by accident and was expecting nothing special, just Julie, but it cheer me up and I could say it's a great comedy.
I love the dialogues - it's funny, I love the characters - it's funny, I love the story - it's funny, I love the music - it's funny, I love this movie - because it's make me laugh out loud.
Walters character is wonderful, Julie is sweet and charming as always, and she looks great with the kids, Tony made one more great performance and the little Sara surprised me with her performance as a kid.
I am wondering why this movie is forgotten cause it's great. I'm gonna see it again whenever I feel sad or something... and also I should see older version with Shirley Temple...
½ April 8, 2010
August 28, 2008
5.5/10. Oddly cast, and it can't compare to the Shirley Temple version. It's fair, mildly entertaining.
½ July 4, 2008
Super Matthau vehicle with Bob Newhart thrown in for good measure, good fun!
½ March 27, 2008
The movie is pretty funny. Mattau plays his typical tough talker with the soft underbelly. The movie feels like movies made in the 60's though it came out in 1980.
March 15, 2008
Walter Matthau's character is the BEST in this movie and his interaction with the little girl is really cute. Julie Andrews is awesome, as usual, and the story is funny and has a happy ending!
March 8, 2008
Great movie and worth a viewing
August 24, 2007
Excellent movie, full of laughter and fun. It was interesting to see the character Walter Mattau heart melt for the "marker", Julie Andrews and Tony Curtis were wonderful with their parts as well. Although this is an OLDIE it is a GOODY
June 18, 2007
a very interesting premise.
June 18, 2007
Had not heard of this one, but enjoyed it on cable. I dismissed Matthau while growing up, but gain a new appreciation for him each time I see the ones I've missed. It was also fun to see Bob Newhart different than his TV persona. The Kid (Sara Stimson) was Tatum-like in her portrayal.
½ June 13, 2007
Vale pelo Walter Matthau! Poderia ser cute, mas um tanto chatinho.
January 9, 2007
This movie has gotten me through some sad times, it has made me smile countless times.
½ October 3, 2006
ah sweet movie, but to little julie in it
December 14, 2005
Anything with Julie Andrews is good. So, I'll see it. :)