Reviews

• Oct 23, 2020

• Oct 23, 2020

Man I'm glad that this got a remake. This is not really your typical old people movie. Personally I'm not a big fan of black and white movies. I like to see some color and contrast. So seeing this because I'm a huge fan of the "new" aka 80s version of little shop. But this at times was boring to look at. I like the characters and the "horror" feel but it's all amplified in the 80s version. I'm giving it 3 stars because it could be better. Now at the same this probably couldn't be better cause it's old but now with the 80s one. It improved significantly and I'm going to forget this old version ever existed. It's kinda sad but to end on a high note this is still the best old people movie I've ever seen besides the wizard of oz.

• Oct 18, 2020

Roger Corman's Little Shop of Horrors was filmed over the span of a few days on a shoestring budget and, by these low standards, is a pretty good-looking movie. However, when judged by normal standards, it's actually pretty lousy, despite the apparent enthusiasm of all involved. For a horror movie, it's not scary. For a comedy, it's not very funny. The acting is way over the top and the dialogue is cringe-worthy. The slapstick, of which there is plenty, fails consistently and even resorts to the hackneyed slipping on a banana peel. The only reason to watch this is for the brief appearance of Jack Nicholson as a dental patient.

• Aug 09, 2020

I watched this without my customary pre-watch research, but was still aware at the time that this was shot in two days! I could probably fantasize for years about becoming the type of writer that can inject the level of comedy and intriguing plot that was necessary for a story like this one. I had reservations about even watching this but its brisk pace and genuinely funny moments ("Who died? The Chamber of Commerce?") made it a very worthwhile viewing experience. I expected the script to be extremely rudimentary for the shooting schedule and running time but they never really beat you over the head with plot points, even if they do rush a couple of exposition scenes. I was also surprised at how well the plant turned out for a movie of this vintage. I'm excited to watch the musical version!

• Jul 12, 2020

synopsis is great but comedian were very bad directed

synopsis is great but comedian were very bad directed

• Nov 24, 2019

Hello Reader, For Me: The Original THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS Film is Memorable:Fun.

• amy f
    Oct 04, 2019

Love-able characters, AWESOME music, and great performances from the cast!

Love-able characters, AWESOME music, and great performances from the cast!

• Sep 29, 2019

3.5/5. A fun little b-movie with some hilarious moments and some great acting, but the humor does get too cartoonish at times.

• Jun 10, 2019

I really like musicals but sometimes musicals have a tendency to take the edge off some of the darkest works. It is that rare work that keeps it’s teeth when music is added to the story. I had seen the 1986 remake and found it to be too silly and teeth less as the years went on. Somehow I had never watched the original which after seeing it found that not only was it better then the remake, I also found the tale to be darker even if it is still wrapped up in the cloth of comedy. So the story is pretty much the same from the remake, And if you think that I shouldn’t point that out then you haven’t watched enough movies were the original was different from the remake. We have a plant that needs to eat blood and is never full enough. It’s all a bit on the dark side of things which is allowed to shine without the music. Now that’s not to say that the remake was terrible even if I did not like it. It is just that the satire and horror of the movie loses a punch when people are singing. Now I watched the original black and white movie and yes it is rough, I mean it was mostly shot over two days by Roger Corman. That pacing that has the story moving along quickly is something you can feel. It’s a comedy but it also has a realistic feel because all Seymour really wants to do is prove himself, much like you and me. Of course he does go far to try to get the favor of not like his boss but also of the girl he loves. That raw feel of shooting the movie fast leads to a look that feels cheap but also laughs come from the knowledge that things are jumping the rails at every turn. This version of the story is not for everyone. Kids unfortunately will balk at the lack of color, and yes i know there is a colored version but that’s just rubbish. Some people might find it void of laughs or might think that Jack Nicholson is too over the top in just the few moments that he is the screen, and he is. But for me I really enjoyed it. So should you watch this? It’s classic cinema so yes you should. It might not have the budget or even monster that the remake had but not everything is made better with more money.

• Jun 09, 2019

The Little Shop of Horrors is a comedy which has a very limited appeal, and for me it was often too annoying than genuinely amusing. Some of its scenes worked quite well and it's charming in its own right, but it overall sounded too cheap and repetitive with weak acting as well.