Little Shop of Horrors Reviews

• Jun 10, 2019

This is my favorite musical movie. Horror, check. Rock n roll, check. Musical, check. Moving story, check. Great acting and singing, check. Awesome, check.

• May 29, 2019

Love it fun songs good story

Love it fun songs good story

• May 25, 2019

One of the weirdest and creative musicals I have seen in a long time from catchy and fun music to chopping up a body with an axe this movie has it all

• Mar 10, 2019

An extremely fun to watch movie, full of laughs, great music, and wonderful characters

• Feb 05, 2019

With great actors,great music,and great story,it lives up to the original,and actually one ups it.A great starter horror movie for the kids!

• Feb 03, 2019

This review is specifically for the director's cut. Wow. What a film. Endlessly clever, funny, and peculiar. An absolute delight. The practical effects showcased here have to be among the best of all time. And the ending just goes the distance. Loved it.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best musical movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: Somewhere That's Green!

• Jan 25, 2019

Let's get this out of the way right at the start . . . I have the sneakiest suspicion I am the only person in the universe who prefers the theatrical ending of "Little Shop of Horrors" to the director's cut version. For me, the electrification of the plant and the happy ending - with the threat of another Audrey II residing in the garden - tops a typical Fifties monsters from outer space take over the world homage any day of the week. But that's just me. Seymour Krelborn finds a mysterious-looking plant just after a surprise eclipse of the sun. Not knowing how to care for the curiosity, he accidentally discovers the fact that this extraterrestrial interloper has a taste for human blood. Beginning life as a brisk comedic jaunt in the career of Roger Corman back in 1960, "Little Shop of Horrors" became a hit Broadway musical and then returned to the big screen in its musical form . . . and what music it contains! This film has one of the best soundtracks from the Eighties. It's chock full of catchy tunes that will have you humming their melodies days after viewing the movie (my personal favorite is "Skid Row"). However, as good as the songs are, I don't think this film could have worked without the inclusion of its spot-on cast. Some of the finest comedic actors of the decade were present in roles that seemed tailor-made for them. Steve Martin's sadistic dentist sticks out in this regard, but Rick Moranis (as Krelborn), John Candy (as wacky radio personality Wink Wilkinson), and Bill Murray (as a masochistic dental client) are truly unforgettable. The film feels as fresh today as it did upon its original release more than thirty years ago. At a time when musicals were generally being scoffed at from a cinematic standpoint (seriously - how many musical films can you name released between 1984 and 1989 that had any real impact?), "Little Shop of Horrors" became a long-lasting treat for the eyes and ears that will probably live in the hearts of film-goers for another thirty plus years.

• Oct 23, 2018

Funny humor, unique plant design, and genuinely scary moments make it a very entertaining watch.

• Oct 17, 2018

Favourite movie of ALL TIME. It’s permanently rated #1 on my favourite movie list. I’ve got a lot of good memories with this movie. The soundtrack is catchy, the acting is funny while sometimes awkward, thoroughly entertaining. This is a movie that’s worth your time.