Lock Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lock Up Reviews

½ November 11, 2016
This was hard to sit through.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Really good and gripping film, Very underrated, One of Stallones best films acting wise plus it had some good intense scenes too.
June 7, 2016
An average Stallone movie, but nostalgia does its thing.
February 13, 2016
Stallone turns in a powerhouse performance in this largely overlooked gem. The tension builds to an insane level as Frank (Stallone) exacts his revenge on the warden (Sutherland) that has made his incarceration a living hell.
January 20, 2016
I don't understand this very low rating...And I'm not a film expert, but I found this a enjoyable movie, something I can't say about some other Stallone films. I'm not a big fan of Stallone, but this movie made me like him a bit more.
December 14, 2015
ylvester Stallone stars as model prisoner who is given the grand tour of hell from Donald Sutherland. Seems Sutherland is ticked off at Sly Stallone for escaping from his prison and ruining his career, after unsuccessfully goading him into bad behavior that would make him stay longer in prison, a war is waged between prisoner and the warden. Lock-Up actually manages to be a fairly engaging effort from Sly Stallone. Sure the movie has its excessive melodrama but typically the movie works for what it sets out to be and in the end the prison mood is adequately drawn and the supporting characters are well drawn by the excellent supporting cast. (Tom Sizemore, Frank McRae,Sonny Landham and the effortlessly likable John Amos) In other words this is a decent movie and well worth watching for fans of Sylvester Stallone. It certainly is more watchable than Tango and Cash.
April 18, 2015
Another star and the vehicle he's using going right off the cliff.
½ March 24, 2015
Don't know why this movie gets poor reviews, it's a good film. Stallone does a great job, as do the rest of the actors, and the script is good too. The story is ok, but just the fact that it is a typical prison movie, where the warren is the bad guy that wants someone hurt and to spent more time, is the films biggest problem. It seems like there is no real prison movies that don't follow that same path, besides the great Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile of course, which tell the stories far better (with the exception of the 'gift'). Instead of being all about escape it's about not loosing it though as well, but we can't help but hope that they do loose it. I think this movies biggest problem is that the prison guards and warren are such assholes and SO hated that it becomes to much. The ending is satisfying, a huge relief, and fun to watch thank god, hopefully the warren spends hard prison time. Overall good movie to watch, not as good as some other prison flics, but a classic and with a good cast. Deserves better reviews.
January 8, 2015
A great story, a fight back from Stallone, and super underrated film, because of low-budget. Tom Sizemore, Frank McCrae, John Amos, Donald Sutherland are all powerful in this film. Even Sonny Landham continues his bad guy persona in this
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Great prison movie and much action. Many famous actors and story are good makes this fun to watch. One of my fav stallone movies.
½ January 1, 2015
Corrupt prison movie. Good action in the end. If you like Stallone and Donald Sutherland, they'll do justice to the movie.
½ November 15, 2014
Lock up is an entertaining movie full of action and drama from the 80s.
October 12, 2014
It isn't the best movie out there, but I did like it.
August 30, 2014
Nostalgic win, no more. Somewhat reasonable action/revenge.
August 17, 2014
One of Stallones best films ever.
½ July 26, 2014
The Shawshank Redemption, as interpreted by Sylvester Stallone.
June 4, 2014
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
½ April 22, 2014
Decent film, with a good plot, Sylvester Stallone plays hard man prisoner and Donald Sutherland plays the bad older guy, standard casting
½ April 19, 2014
Reasonably good 80's action flick. Not a great deal of action though, and a few slow parts.
½ March 19, 2014
Another great film from the 80s and surprisingly I'd not seen this before. Sylvester stallone is in prison and just before the end of his sentence he gets moved to a horrible high security prison because the warden hates him. He tries to make his life hell and entice him to react to cause Sylvester to do something to keep him in prison longer.