Loverboy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Loverboy Reviews

May 27, 2011
This was cute n funny!!
May 23, 2011
An interesting movie about a teenage boy learning what women really want while working as a delivery boy.
May 22, 2011
This movie is over-the-top and fun to watch! It brings a lot of laughs! It has a good cast, too!
May 17, 2011
i thought it was a cute movieee.
April 20, 2011
Nah, I thought of giving it 2 tars, but I remembered that i could barely sit through it.
March 13, 2011
Loverboy was maybe my favorite eighties teen comedy and the better of the films that were coming out at that time. Patrick Dempsey, with his cool, eighties rock-style look, played Randy Bodek who just got his college funds cut by his parents because of his lifestyle of not caring about school. So, now Randy must find a job in order to pay for his own tuition, but that's going to be a large amount, something Randy does not think he'll make in time. He finally goes into the business of being a gigilo, through his work as a pizza delivery boy, after a chance encounter with a beautiful older woman. When a customer phones in for extra anchovies, that's his que to provide his services. Over time, the husbands of these women he's seducing start to suspect something through credit card reciepts. Now Randy has to dodge hellbent husbands while trying to save his own relationship with his girlfriend Jenny (Nancy Valen).

One of Patrick Dempsey's better roles when he was younger, this film shows his iconic stature in the eighties comedy genre. I also love the Edie Brickell song at the beginning of the film. It's the perfect start to a highly enjoyable film, that still holds sway over me even today.
August 29, 2010
Screwball comedy. A few funny bits in the middle but not much to stand on.
July 18, 2010
Outlandish and ultimately pretty sick so-called comedy about a college student / pizza delivery boy turned gigolo. How this concept managed a PG-13 rating is beyond me.
July 11, 2010
It's so weird to see Patrick Dempsey so young! It's a stupid movie, but still entertaining.
½ June 24, 2010
80s comedy with little content.
½ June 19, 2010
muito massa esse filme, e "Garoto de programa"!
May 31, 2010
Young Patrick Dempsey's movies crack me up...
½ April 17, 2010
Whether due to nostalgia or not I really like this movie. Patrick Dempsey is the broke, horny college kid who stumbles into the life of a gigolo through his pizza delivery job.
April 17, 2010
Order the anchovies...
April 12, 2010
Randy Bobek has no idea how to treat a woman...but he's working on it! As a college student with no money, Randy resorts to working as a delivery boy at Senor Pizza to make a few extra bucks. Some customers are special, though. During one of his deliveries, he's met with an interesting proposal: A woman who wants not just pizza but some loving as well. Soon, Randy is the talk of the town as lonely wives are chomping at the bit to have pizza delivered with extra anchovies.

Directed by Joan Micklin Silver, Loverboy features great acting performances from the following cast:
1.) Patrick Dempsey (Randy Bobek)
2.) Kate Jackson (Diane Bobek)
3.) Barbara Carrera (Alex Barnett)
4.) Nancy Valen (Jenny Gordon)
5.) Kirstie Alley (Dr. Joyce Palmer)

I might have been familiar with the cute, little animated opening that I saw in my early childhood, either by a video rental or on TV, but even if I knew what I was watching all the time, I may have forgotten all about it for so long until I saw this late '80s film title recently. Loverboy is a great teen comedy romance of how the leading character dealt with the struggles of college and had his life changed due to his job, and it was kind of funny with all the silly moments that he does on the job. The young, youthful Mr. Dempsey here does a Casanova character so charming and dreamy (or pre-McDreamy) that he does have heart and a flirting personality; he looks funny with the fake mustache hanging on his face. I'm recommending it for everyone including the die-hard '80s lovers, and girls, if you have serious relationship problems, order the extra anchovies on your pizzas and watch Loverboy.
½ March 21, 2010
Patrick Dempsey plays a student whose father refuses to foot the bill for college because he is flunking. To show that he is responsible he takes a job at a pizza parlor, but soon becomes the favorite delivery boy for a bunch of lonely older women. The subject matter is a little more risqué than most teen movies from that 80's era, but it is handled in a fun manner and definitely not meant to be taken seriously. The young Patrick Dempsey was dreamy even back then and the fine supporting cast of actresses like Kristie Alley, Carrie Fisher and Barbara Carreras make the movie even more interesting. Maybe it's not such a positive message, but it's still a lot of fun to watch....
March 18, 2010
Solves the mystery of how an uggo like Patrick Dempsey became a "heartthrob."
February 8, 2010
Happened to be on after a show I was watching and didn't bother to change the channel. I actually found it quite funny. Ridiculous and corny, but funny. I guess all that really matters is that I enjoyed myself through the hour and a half that it was on.
January 22, 2010
80's movie!

..So, the remake will probably come out next year, huh?
January 5, 2010
it's patrick demspey...delivering pizzas...and lovin'...80s style.

...screw greys anatomy.