The Magnificent Seven Reviews

• Feb 18, 2020

I must add that the movie was perfectly cast. I also think that the music was extraordinary. And that's not because it was the theme for the memorable Marlboro cigarette commercial back in the late 60's and early 70's.

• Sep 19, 2019

The Magnificent Seven is a fun and entertaining western, but personally I enjoy the remake just a bit more.

• Jul 09, 2019

Film themes more iconic than the one from Elmer Bernstein here are few and very far between. But more than a snappy score this 60s western comes complete with lovable characters, some thrilling action, and a story that's hard not to get caught up in.

• May 05, 2019

A classic western...

A classic western...

• Apr 22, 2019

Western Classic with brilliant cinematography and locations combined with an emphatic catchy musical score. Stand out performance from Yul Brenner as the lead

• Mar 31, 2019

The title says it all, it is indeed magnificent. It's another classic western. It's a very well done film, it's shot in lovely, colorful Panavision, has a good musical score, and entertaining gunfight scenes. But above all, the cast is just great, the best being Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen. They really lift this film of the ground, and it's a flick that also deals with themes of justice and true courage. Overall, I really enjoyed this western pic, and it's one of the best ever made. Recommended!!

• Mar 23, 2019

This is the classic Western that challenges all other movies in the genre. Let's start with the music--larger than life, quite enthralling, totally magnificent. And the cast--the cast!!--wild gunslingers all--taciturn Yul Brynner, elegant Robert Vaughn, laughing James Coburn, steely-eyed Steve McQueen, compassionate Charles Bronson--they were the heroes of cinema. The plot is so sentimental--poor villagers fighting cruel banditos--and so much a part of our idea of Mexican history. And the messages were there--good triumphs over evil, love conquers all, every person has value. The story and the action keep us glued to our seats. Truly a timeless and remarkable movie--my favorite Western!

• Feb 16, 2019

The magnificent seven is a 1960 western. Very good acting especially from Yul Brynner. Very good characters with good chemistry. Good dialogue delivered well. Good cinematography with some very good shots. Very good set design thats fits the era. Really good setting with the background and front ground. Really good costume design that fits the era extremely well. Very good atmosphere. Very good action especially for a PG. good story that keeps you wanting to no what happens next. The film also has really good music that fits the film. Over all I give it a 8/10 - worth paying for two tickets

• Feb 08, 2019

Taking a Japanese classic, and making it an American classic. Excellent! Fantastic acting, great filming, and a classic conclusion. Everything a western should be.

• Dec 17, 2018

Still one of THE best westerns (and movies) I've ever seen. Watching the extras this time was very intriguing. No idea that the fellow playing Chico was East European. How wonderful. And the scene with Charles Bronson telling the boys never to call their fathers cowards still gets me in the feels.