The Main Event - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Main Event Reviews

April 10, 2008
Streisand is all that is cruel and evil in this world. Her music is awful. Her movies are worse. She loves the sound of orgasms. Can you say weird? I can't without saying Striesand. I have smelt farts taht entertained me more than BABS ever will. Rosie O'Donnel's ever growing love for her sickens me. Vote libertarian.
½ March 22, 2008
Tsk tsk tsk.

It's embarrassing. Every single minute of it. In 1979 I watched it and liked it because I loved Barbra. But I knew it wasn't good and I know it even more, now.

I do love the disco title song though; and I am not lying to be bitchy. I like it. A lot.
½ March 21, 2008
This movie is ok. Nothing that spectacular though.
December 1, 2007
i saw it, but don`t remember it
September 22, 2007
very cute, i love how fast babs talks in it! she's adorable!
September 22, 2007
This was such an AWESOME love story in its hey-dey!! I have fond memories from when I was younger and watched it!
September 3, 2007
Hahaha
"Put up your dukes and FIGHTTTTTT!!!"
½ August 21, 2007
Not a bad movie a few funny jokes between ryan & barbra. I couldn't get past the perm!!
½ August 8, 2007
Full of sexual and sexist comments. There's no way any movie made in the last 15 yrs or so could get away with some of these lines. "I said celebrate, not fornicate!"
July 2, 2007
Amusing, but not as good as What's Up Doc.
½ June 30, 2007
Another favorite. Silly.
June 27, 2007
i love this movie. the music was sao good i own the lp. yes, the lp. the movie was great, the acting, the story line. great movie to watch again and again
June 10, 2007
Not all that good, but some really fun moments. Paul Sand is wasted in this.
June 9, 2007
Not one of her best comic outings but still a lot of fun!
June 8, 2007
streisand looks smokin in that poster.... and yet....
May 28, 2007
i guess all the crazy ramblings of barbara streisand was supposed to be cute and funny, it just annoyed the shit outta me. but ryan o?neil was adorable as always.
May 15, 2007
always my favorite, great acting and chemistry through out the movie
April 18, 2007
Heard og it, but managed to avoid it.
March 9, 2007
Silliness. Ryan & Babs together again is worth 3 stars, ok?
March 6, 2007
Ha ha this movie is one of the best i just love it