The Manhattan Project Reviews

• Sep 23, 2018

Kids are always smarter than adults. Especially nuclear scientists and security guards.

• Mar 09, 2018

Great spirit of physicist

Great spirit of physicist

• Dec 24, 2017

Dumb movie with the guy from daddy's home 2.

Dumb movie with the guy from daddy's home 2.

• Sep 16, 2017

Inappropriately named, makes you think it's about the actual Manhattan Project. At least the film was ok, nothing I'd go recommending to others though.

• Apr 20, 2017

Really good movie just have to have a sense of humor

Really good movie just have to have a sense of humor

• Mar 31, 2017

I remember seeing this back in the 80's when we first got cable television. It was great. Christopher Collet plays a whiz kid teen who makes a nuclear bomb and then tries to blow up his town with it. Its really slow up until the last half hour, but an entertaining and silly little movie.

• Jul 11, 2015

Mixed feelings on this one. It's a bit too long and completely implausible. However, it did have some entertaining moments. The last half of the movie flows much better than the first half. Nothing overly special though.

• Aug 23, 2014

This is one of a couple dozen movies from what I consider to be a magic time for movies. Chris is actually DAZZLING in FIRST BORN but almost as entertaining in this brilliantly simple story about a teen genius who manages to build a nuclear bomb. Like any great heist movie half the joy is watching him acquire the components. There's a charm to this and other movies of it's circa that's sorely missing these days. Technology killed it. The philosophical questions (like it's equally-entertaining predecessor WAR GAMES are more than a bit overworked but less pressurized in this flock. I missed you Chris when you vanished. Thanks for the great movies!

• May 21, 2014

Saw this when I was young but didn't remember it. Now I know why. Very, very 80's, something that usually exacts me, yet with a theme that is ripe for remake or retelling or rebooting or whatever you want to call it. Problem here is, the kid in the movie is very smart and he lets everyone know that. He is an asshole. So he is hard to root for. Lithgow is as always, a joy to watch but this movie pretty much sucked. Oh and check out the love interest in this. Didn't even know Cynthia Nixon was a child actress.

• Nov 20, 2013

Wonderfully encapsulates the 80's nuclear obsession. So much of our entertainment (movies, books, music) dealt with pre- and post-apocalyptic themes. The Manhattan Project did in a great way, that along with others like War Games may be a bit dated, but is just as watchable today as it was then..