Reviews

• Mar 11, 2021

unfortunately the film was too dated and you don't know it, even a good part if it is an adventure film or an adventure comedy. Very poor special effects

• Mar 16, 2019

Good idea ruined by cheap special effects.

Good idea ruined by cheap special effects.

• Jan 16, 2019

Excellent campy escape!

Excellent campy escape!

• Oct 14, 2017

okay, so if I'm being honest about this one, I just don't especially care anything about the Jules Verne adventure material upon which this is based, so a madman in an airship holding the world hostage until they disarm, in a strangely misguided attempt to make it a better place, most of that was lost to me. I was amused by a young Charles Bronson in a supporting role though. Different strokes, so give it a spin, you may dig it quite a bit.

• Sep 03, 2017

From AIP schlockmeister Samuel Z. Arkoff comes a tale of Victorian madman, Vincent Price, with a huge airship taking captives, including a miscast Charles Bronson, on his mission of death and destruction. It's not exactly a high minded Jules Verne adaptation, but it is scripted by the great Richard Matheson. I'll blame the film's mediocracy on journeyman TV and film director William Witney.

• May 26, 2017

Wonderful little B picture based on classic Verne. The effects are horribly dated, but it's entertaining as hell thanks to hilarious over-the-top performances from Vincent Price and Henry Hull. The premise is a little ridiculous, but it's all in good fun.

• Nov 04, 2016

Adventure in the sky with a cult feel to it, although the storyline is lacking in some fizz despite the megalomaniac persona of Vincent Price dominating proceedings.

• Aug 06, 2016

Cheap cash-in after Disney's success with 20,000 Leagues. In the Captain Nemo role, sporting Hugh Griffith's eyebrows and a kamikaze bandana, is bonkers Vincent Price, piloting a Zeppelin that he hopes will destroy any war-mongering civilisation (he foreshadows Tony Blair in that respect). Along for the ride a miscast Charles Bronson and a Les Baxter score that makes you want to plug your ears and surrender.

• Feb 02, 2015

Price´s ham salvages what is another pedestrian cheap 50s adventure. Price effortlessly commands the screen and is having a ball amidst the cheap sets and models in this lesser version of Disney´s 20,000 Leagues.

• May 04, 2014

This movie is actually 1961, not 1976, not sure why it says that and it is a huge dud!