Meteor Reviews

• Nov 28, 2019

Calling this movie shit, is being to nice

Calling this movie shit, is being to nice

• Apr 22, 2019

If there could be a worse Disaster Movie than When Time Ran Out....this is it. Yet the Sound Mixers of The Academy decided it was one of the top 5 in sound from 1979. Who did who favors?

• Jun 15, 2018

I just watched part of this film again because i was trying to relax. Yeah, it's a disaster movie that is perfect before bed time because it will put you right out.....zzzzz. I saw this as a kid and I guess it was OK at the time. Looming question: A comet is going to cross through the asteroid belt, is the first instinct of NASA to position a spaceship close to where the event is going to take place? ha. As bad as that whole idea and scene was, it was probably the best scene in the entire film. The rest is just like a drama with a ton of talking that is guaranteed to put you right out. What is up with the talking scenes where they suddenly crash cut to the asteroid looming through space with that weird bass sound and then immediately cut back to the same person talking? The editing in this film is like Bat Shit crazy if you can do that at 1 mph, which is about as fast as the film moves. Like I said, turn on before you are going to bed, you will not make it to the third act.

• Apr 10, 2018

Terrible movie, long boring scenes of connery in meetings and pouting because his SATELLITE was pointed in the wrong direction. this cold war flop has the audacity to cut in stock footage from at least 2 other identifiable movies, avalanche 1978 godzilla movies. this movie is barely watchable. The missles are the star of this movie, they have the most personality of all.

• Dec 30, 2017

yeah i have to say this film was a blunder from the usually great sean connery. he was the tops in zardoz

• Feb 16, 2017

The End Is Nigh For The Disaster Genre As We Prepare For The METEOR! There is a Meteor on collision course with Earth and if we don't stop it then, well its bye bye for a lot of us! Meteor is a disaster movie that came out in 1979 when the genre was winding down people had, had enough of buildings collapsing, airplanes crashing and boats capsizing which is part of the reason I think this movie has been ridiculed ever since, sure the special effects aren't great and the use of stock footage is a bit cheap but for its time they aren't that bad. The story line is fairly interesting trying to get America and Russia to combine its nuclear weapons to destroy the large rock during the Cold War wouldn't of been easy and the tension between the two groups is well presented. The acting from all involved including Sean Connery (getting shaken but not stirred), Natalie Wood, Henry Fonda and Karl Malden is OK but nothing special and almost tongue in check which is probably the best way to take this film. Before the daddy rock takes aim, we get baby ones coming along for the ride causing snow storms, avalanches, tidal waves and the destruction of New York City, perhaps a few more would of helped things move along quicker. The ending is quite predictable but then we couldn't have the rock destroying us all could we? It is probably drawn out a bit to long and at this point in the film I thought the scenes back on earth with our stars clambering there way through subways was more interesting. So all in all, yes its a bit corny, yes its a bit camp and yes it certainly isn't a great film but on the other hand, it should hold your attention and isn't that bad either, if it had been released a few years earlier when disaster was big business then I do think it would of been a better received film and is at least as good as most other disaster movies from the 1970s.

• Jul 27, 2016

Unwatchable tosh with some of the most abysmal SFX ever allowed on to celluloid. Sean Connery looks like he regrets every moment.

• Feb 10, 2016

This is a science-fiction disaster movie set in the Cold War era with surprisingly good picture quality and special effects. I disagree with most of the reviews, which are negative; the cast is outstanding and the storyline is more interesting and complex than usual for this kind of movies (e.g., Armageddon).

• Jun 24, 2015

Tengo esta cinta en super 8, dividida en tres carretes, que me habré visto bastantes veces de lo que mantengo un buen recuerdo, y el miedo que me hizo pasar mi mente infantil pensando que si esto pasaba, daba igual donde estuvieras, no podías saber donde te caería el pedrusco!!! Vista hoy en dia va tan desfasada que ni merece la pena comentarla. Yo, padres míos, agradezco lo del super 8, pero no había otras pelis que traer a casa??

• Oct 16, 2014

Bottom of the barrel, hollywood trash from the heyday of disaster movies. This could be the worst one I've ever seen. The acting, the writing and the direction is piss poor. The special effects here make the Land of the Lost TV show look like Jurassic Park. Even as a class assignment, I could barely get through this.