Miracle on 34th Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miracle on 34th Street Reviews

½ December 28, 2015
Edmund Gwenn, obtuvo el Premio Oscar en quizás una de las mejores películas navideñas de todos los tiempos. "Miracle On 34th Street" cuenta la historia de un anciano (Gwenn) interesado en despertar el espíritu de la Navidad y está llena de situaciones graciosas y encantadoras, así como de un magnífico elenco que incluye a Maureen O'Hara, John Payne y una pequeña Natalie Wood. En 1994 tuvo un re-make mediocre y sin el encanto de la versión original.
December 28, 2015
Excellent holiday classic! Not a flaw in it! It's a wonderful choice for families, and reminds us all to believe in the magic of the holiday season.
December 27, 2015
The best version of the film.
December 26, 2015
I think the black-and-white version of "Miracle on 34th Street" is one of the most overrated Christmas movies I've seen on television. I hope NBC should stop playing the movie on Thanksgiving Day next time.
December 25, 2015
It was really good! It has good family humour. It also has a good script and storyline. It is a classic that you will love and cherish forever.
½ December 25, 2015
Probably the best Christmas film of all-time (unless you want to count "Die Hard"). Edmund Gwenn plays a man who claims to be Santa Claus and is is hired by Maureen O'Hara to be the Santa at Macys. O'Hara plays a single mom who believes in being fully honest with her young daughter, Natalie Wood, who doesn't believe in Santa and is herself a little adult. A story about a girl learning the magic of Christmas isn't all that special or original, but this film is smart enough to work on both a kid and adult level. For kids, it's a story about the real Santa teaching a girl to believe. For adults, it's a story about a kind old man who may or may not be mentally ill or Santa. I think this film also endures because it has a very modern feel to it, while something like "It's a Wonderful Life," while quite good, does feel dated. This film is also greatly helped by terrific performances all around, particularly from Gwenn. The scene where the little Dutch girl comes to see Santa and he starts to talk to her in her native language just melts me every time I see it. And look for Thelma Ritter in her film debut as the mother of a child coming to see Santa at Macys.
December 21, 2015
While not the best holiday flick, it's touching, funny, and features one of the best Santa actors ever.
December 20, 2015
Who would ever think that a Santa could be this honest? Classic feel good movie for the holiday, or any time you out want to feel good. Picture if ever employee was this honest as a sales person. Lol
December 19, 2015
The perfect Christmas movie. Wonderful script, acting and just the right touch of whimsy, fantasy, sentimentality including some great fun with New York accents and attitudes.
December 10, 2015
Still one of the best Christmas movies ever!
½ December 6, 2015
Not a huge fan of the plot, but every actor does a superb job in making believable performances, especially Edmund Gwenn as the one and only Santa Claus!
December 1, 2015
This move has a different plot and is a bit unique from other Christmas movies and that is why I wanted to watch this movie. The plot is about a guy named Kris Kringle who claims he is Santa Clause. After several interactions with different characters he ends up in court because his opponents are saying that he is not really Santa Clause because he doesn't exist and is only mentioned because of the kids and that Kris Kringle should be placed in a mental institution because he is a menace to society. I just didn't feel that warm Christmas feeling when watching this movie. The characters and plot were too simplistic in my opinion and I didn't feel any closure at the end of the movie.
½ September 7, 2015
A staple to any must see Christmas viewing.
August 9, 2015
Enchanting and romantic.
June 16, 2015
One of the greatest films ever made! I can watch this year-round and never get tired of Christmas!
June 9, 2015
Heart warming and fun
April 22, 2015
Corny as H-E-double hockey sticks, but I can see why this is a continual Christmas classic. Edmund Gwenn IS the most iconic Santa Claus I can think of. Good family classic.
½ February 28, 2015
Sometimes funny, often powerful, but always endearing and charming, Miracle on 34th Street is certainly a classic children's movie with engaging and entirely sweet story, wonderful ending, great message and likable characters. It could have been longer and the courtroom scenes should have been reduced for more scenes with Doris and Susan, but it is overall such a beautiful film that is for everyone, not just children, thanks to a wonderful story, great characters, fine acting and terrific, quite important message.
January 30, 2015
The upbeat story and message of faith and generosity which are presented in "Miracle on 34th Street" (1947) remain more relevant today than when the film premiered nearly seventy years ago. Edmund Gwenn's delightful Academy Award-winning performance as Kris Kringle created a character that generations of children and adults alike have come to love. Gwenn is so memorable in the role that he came to forever be identified with Santa Claus until his dying day.
December 30, 2014
One of my favorite Christmas movies.