Mischief - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mischief Reviews

½ December 25, 2016
What I got to say about "Mischief" is an fine of a movie. "It's has some good funny moments and enjoyable to watch." The performances by the cast is good. The directing by Mel Damski is good. The screenplay by Noel Black is good. The cinematography and choreography is good. The score by Barry De Vorzon is fine. Finally, the effects are fine as well. "I have to report that "Mischief" might be romantic comedy, but it really brings a sexy vibe to the plot."
½ July 15, 2016
One of the best 80's teen comedies missed by critics and fans.
June 22, 2014
I will admit that I watched Mischief for the Kelly Preston mud scene but it had much more to offer. This is a very funny and entertaining film.
½ May 22, 2013
Watching 1985's Mischief (set in the 50's) with Kelly Preston and Jamie Gertz. Truly an underground 80's classic
April 4, 2013
great movie. been looking for this one!
½ February 20, 2013
very retro and refreshing
it doesn't get points for new storytelling elements but it feels good and very relaxing taking placen the 1950's era
it feels very authentic with the music, the costumes and the atmosphere
Kelly Preston is a joy to watch along with some other unknown actors
young actors playing likeable teenage high schoolers
they face everything you can imagine while being young from popularity to rebellion to crushes to first dates to sex and coming-of-age
the humor works very well when it comes to the raunchy material but it's not in-your-face thank goodness
it's very sweet and very honest
January 12, 2013
this is the town i have lived in my whole life love it
November 16, 2012
Simple adolescent love in the golden age. However, I would say that they had much more loose morals in this film than I would expect in reality.
½ October 27, 2012
An average high school guy in the 50's sees his popularity with girls ascend when he starts hanging out with his cool new neighbour. Pretty funny coming of age film features a soundtrack loaded with golden oldies.
July 1, 2012
I actually feel this movie is far superior to PORKY'S!
½ April 14, 2012
This is a good movie
March 4, 2012
Entertaining 80's teen sex comedy that takes place in the 50's. Pretty standard but there were some genuine funny parts.
January 10, 2012
The bond between Johnathan and Gene is really the finest point in this movie. Relationships come and go and are wholly superficial but the friendship between Johnathan and Gene is the only thing in this story that has any dimension
November 2, 2011
More or less a 80's teen comedy set in the 50's...a good solid film but nothing amazing.

It flowed fine and acting worked but I felt they where pushing the James Dean feel with the lead actor who didn't have a tenth of the Charisma of James Dean.

It had a few laughs and Kelly Preston was good as the not so innocent girl next door, this is entertaining and worth a watch if you stumble upon it late one night on TV.
½ November 1, 2011
Just one of those great 80's films where you got to love it
June 19, 2011
There aren't many movies set in the 50s that I enjoy but this one is great. Unfortunately, for several of its stars, this was one of a few remaining "hits" for them. Catherine Mary Stewart and Doug McKeon are still acting but mostly in TV. Chris Nash seems to have disappeared around '95, with his last significant movie role being Julia Roberts's boyfriend in the tepid "Satisfaction". After a bunch of 80s teen flicks, Kelly Preston is still high profile but no longer in leading roles. Jami Gertz, after her hilarious turn in "Twister" in '96, is mostly doing TV now. Still, this is an adorable movie with an awesome cast and one of many sentimental favorites from the 80s.
½ June 3, 2011
Aside from the fact that it's a great coming-of-age comedy drama i can sum up the reason for seeing this movie in five words - KELLY PRESTON FULL FRONTAL NUDITY. Thank you god.
May 27, 2011
I really liked this movie, the plot is a simple romantic comedy, but it has all the charm and rebelliousness of a 50s teen flick combined with the fun and sexiness of an 80s teen film. Plus, it has a more realistic look at teen romance than other movies of the time, I think. Overall, it's a good movie, and I'd recommend it.
May 4, 2011
It was a casual and fun movie, loved the soundtrack !!
November 10, 2010
A poor and typical story about an adolescence boy.