Misunderstood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Misunderstood Reviews

July 24, 2015
Very touching indeed. Swollen eyes.
December 3, 2014
Why has this not been digitized yet? I want on dvd or live streaming.
May 24, 2014
Extremely well-acted, beautifully shot, touching film about family, loss, and connection. Heartbreaking and very satisfying.
½ January 19, 2013
A real tearjerker. If you don't feel utterly terrible for the little boy by the middle of it, you don't have a heart.
July 1, 2012
Where can i buy this movie on dvd
April 18, 2012
One of the best movies as far as im concerned I give this 2 thumbs up,and the soundtrack was a perfect touch to this warm hearted movie..loved it!
December 18, 2010
Where or how I can see or have this movie
November 27, 2009
I literally had to go get a box of kleenex, I havent seen a movie that can make me cry more than these one
November 16, 2008
I knew for the first time this story watching this film: it's the first film that made me cry and every time I see it, it continue to make me cry... I love it: I read the book and I adore all the films (original + remakes)
May 29, 2008
this movie makes me cry every time I see it. the young boy aches for his fathers attention after his mother dies. It is a heartwarming ending.
March 8, 2008
That's just a remake ! I rate it 5 stars because I can't find the original from Comencini (Incompreso- 1966) which is truly one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. Make no mistake, the stars are for the original.
February 29, 2008
Rented this back in '87 and saw it with my dad; he couldn't care less about hollywood flicks; he was touched by this one though.
December 25, 2007
I only watched the Italy version MISUNDERSTOOD ( they redo it into english version), mean the Italy came out before this english version, almost the same story, the main character do sacrificed a lot, and his realationship with his mum, wow really good, same, his mum dead , and he was also, dead too for saving his younger brother, do made me cry...like hell
October 29, 2007
Very touching, mainly again due to great performances from Hackman and Thomas.
September 18, 2007
Nice story about a family dealing with the death of mom: natural, good acting, touching.. can never forget Andrew! Gene Hackman is surely a must. As a kid of 10 seeing it the first time and being torned apart, I sweared to God I would never see it again after seeing it 6 times.
June 30, 2007
This movie was one of the touching movies I have seen. Stars Gene Hackman and Henry Thomas. Just a simple story of a Father trying to raise his two sons after the death of the mother. Very sad and depressing, but also a wonderful story of a family trying to cope with death.