Moonlighting Reviews

• May 25, 2013

Not only is this movie stunningly boring and pointless, it makes no sense.

Not only is this movie stunningly boring and pointless, it makes no sense.

• Dec 01, 2012

I prefer my Jeremy Irons sans mustache.

I prefer my Jeremy Irons sans mustache.

• Nov 29, 2012

Jeremy Irons shines in this movie and I found the plot very interesting, but I was disappointed in the ending. However, it does make one think about what conditions workers in poorer countries must endure, and the lengths to which they will go to improve the lives of their families, making this film a deeply moving experience.

• Mar 14, 2012

Jeremy Irons at his best. And his Polish is not that bad either. The most challenging line turned out to be: "Na górÄ(TM), rozebraÄ siÄ(TM) i do roboty!" Still, Mr. Irons is always a pleasure to watch.

• Jan 14, 2012

Jeremy Irons is one of my all time favourite actors, he shines in this movie and carries it but outside of that the film itself is confusing. This film's perspective of a Polish man who has nothing and having been from a country where there is very little now in a country where there is alot of everything (almost to waste compared to their culture). They pretty much left isolated from their country when Poland is taken over by the USSR, that is when things get interesting. The good thing about this film however is its subtle humour, it does very well with being funny without even trying to be. It's a worth while rent.

• Jan 01, 2012

Captures a perspective perfectly.

Captures a perspective perfectly.

• Aug 09, 2011

a simple,quite film, a heartbreaking character study and it's hypnotic to watch

a simple,quite film, a heartbreaking character study and it's hypnotic to watch

• Feb 15, 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 (1982) Moonlighting SUSPENSE/ DRAMA Because of my ignorance about Poland, I can't see any real significance about this film in terms of it's subtle politics! The plot regards Jeremy Irons who is also the narrator of this film lead 3 non- English Polish immigrants to work on a Polish consulat suite on England soil since it's alot cheaper than to hire someone within the region! Jeremy Irons who is the only one who could speak English tries to exploit this while the uprising was happening in Poland! Again, this film requires some reading afterwards because of my ignorance toward Polish politics during the early 80's! 2.5 out of 4

• Jan 10, 2011

Lovely little drama about Polish workers brought to England as cheap labor. The Irons character hides political upheaval in Poland to keep the work afloat. Nice performances, good tension at key moments, built from true emotions instead of contrived scenarios.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Sep 27, 2010

An alright movie that I probably wouldnt watch more then once but If somebody asked if they should watch it, I wouldnt tell them not to